MKIV and delay pedal in the loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
I am looking for a delay pedal for the loop of my MKIV does anyone have any suggestions on which on works well in the loop.

I was thinking of a basic DD-3/DD-6.

Does this loop work good with pedal levels or should I look at the Giga-delay which has the ability to adjust its level.

Thanks

I was using the DD-3 and worked fine. Eventually I switched to a Rocktron multi-effects unit.

Finnster said:
I am looking for a delay pedal for the loop of my MKIV does anyone have any suggestions on which on works well in the loop.

I was thinking of a basic DD-3/DD-6.

Does this loop work good with pedal levels or should I look at the Giga-delay which has the ability to adjust its level.

Thanks

phyrexia said:
DD-20! Not even for the line level options. For everything else about it.
Even though I'm using the DD-6, that DD-20 is a kick *** unit!! :eek:

I've used a DD3 for years with great results, but I recently switched to a diamond memory lane and to me the analogue sound blows the digital away.

Pinweaver said:
I've used a DD3 for years with great results, but I recently switched to a diamond memory lane and to me the analogue sound blows the digital away.

+1.. if I could justify the cost of the memory lane I'd buy one in heartbeat but I love my deluxe memory man and its analog goodness... the ML is a sweet little pedal.

hi ! I use a boss rv3 combination of delay and reverb ( separately or simultaneous ) in my loop ; it' s amazing ;

That would ultimately depend upon your settings and your ears.

Bierschinken said:
Hi there,

is it possible to put a delay as the DD-3 in front of the amp or does the tone get too muddy?

I have never been able to get the delay sound I prefer by putting it in front of the amp...it always sounds too "in your face" if that makes any sense.

It just depends upon what you are doing with it and what your settings are. For many years, people played with delay without a loop because they were not invented yet.

the delay is used mainly to make leads bigger and to give clean notes some "room".

I play a Diezel Herbert and a Marshall -hot rodded- SLP.
With the Diezel it works fine in the loop and in front of the amp but with the Marshall it just works within the loop otherwise it gets **** muddy.
Just curious how the Mark deals with delays?

btw...GAS cries for a Boogie and it seems the Mark IV is the perfect deal for me.

Latest posts

Back