MKIII series stripe flow / serials / years

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmouth

Reaction score
question 1 ... trying to better understand the MKIII flow and stripe pattern. anybody ever figured out which serials and years would correspond to which stripe colors ? thanx for any help ... :D

is this thread a "troll"? haha... bigmouth asking a question about mark series amps? hehe. i hope this helps a little

no stripe/ black dot/stripe 1985, sn 15000 or so

purple stripe 1986 or so sn 16,000's

red stripe 1988 or so ... 19,000's

blue stripe '89? 22,000 or so,

green stripe (early mark IV predecessor) 89'/'90? thru '98? 25,000 to 29,xxx

the dates and sn's are guesses, but i imagine aren't way off base

have you seen this? i'm sure you have...
http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html

scott

There's some overlap in serial numbers from stripe to stripe (for various reasons.)

As for ID'ing a Simul Blue versus Green...
Due to their stripe colors fading and some odd Blue stripe serial numbers (eg: like a blue with a serial that's well into the green serial numbers)
you'd have to see into the chassis to confirm / be sure if a Simul is a green or a blue stripe.

markmysterytw4.jpg

hey ... thanx, guys ! any harder facts on the numbers / serials per color ? seems there is much more info on the DR rev's then MK3 colors ?

There was a thread where someone started trying to accurately tracking all the MKIII serial numbers/ stripes and some of the odd overlap.
I did a search but can't find it.
I had it bookmarked at one time and it could have easily been looked up and then shared/ linked to but... it along with tons of other good info got deleted.....

http://www.forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56487

Also, as you should note, of course some of the early Black/no-stripes had the 105pt, and the greens were optioned in pentode/simul-class only (i'm not sure i've seen a green that didn't have GEQ either...)

bigmouth said:
question 1 ... trying to better understand the MKIII flow and stripe pattern. anybody ever figured out which serials and years would correspond to which stripe colors ? thanx for any help ... :D

Here you have a rough guideline:
- black ('85): 15001 to 16715
- purple ('86): 16657 to 19059
- red ('87): 19100 to 21863
- blue ('88~'89): 21825 to 24933
- green ('89~'98): 24940 to 28386

Keep in mind that the some overlaps.
Daniel

Can you just cut the wires between pins 3 and 4 on a Blue stripe to make it Pentode?

Do the Green Stripes sound better than the Blues stripes?

Latest posts

Back