MkIII reverb + noise gate dilemma

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Mullins

Reaction score
I have a problem using the reverb on my MkIII while a noise gate is in the fx loop. It seems that the reverb return occurs prior to the fx loop since the noise gate cuts off the tail of the verb. Does a mod exist that would allow the reverb to decay naturally after the noise gate has closed? I actually like the sound of the reverb on my MkIII but really need the noise gate to remain in the loop to keep things quiet.

Sorry, the reverb gets its input signal from the loop send.
I use a Boss NS-2 in front and it works perfectly as a noise reduction
and gate unit. It is very transparent and allows the reverb to wash out without cutting the signal. Using the gate in the loop also cuts off the lead input, so your choking your lead channel as it enters the circuit right were the loop send, reverb and lead master come in. Unless I am recording, I really dont need a gate as the MK II, III and IV are very quiet even running high gain.

Thanks Boogiebabies. Bummer though. The Boss NS2 has works perfectly for me in the loop other than the reverb tail cut-off. Haven't noticed any issues with the lead channel. I'll try to move the gate up front or might just play with the decay setting to see if a compromise can be reached. Thanks again for the info and advice.

Latest posts

Back