MK V gig review

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
wow..gigged with the V last night-it was a country/blues rock gig, so there will only be about 14 board members interested in reading the rest(no Petrucci/Hetfield comparisons,son!no offense , my bros...)I quickly realized, after 1/2 of a set, that all I needed was chan. 1, a Tom Anderson,my Marsh 2x12(65 watt celestions) and my Fullltone Fulldrive
-I was running el-34's, which were mighty fine in conj. with the Tom/switcheroo pickup config.-tele spank with meat sauce on chan 1 fat...hit the blower switch and its just like going to a different channel (chan 2 crunch)...so, my Fullldrive was the "icing on the cake"...all in chan. 1!
-the blower switch defaults to bridge humbucker full speed ahead, so it was like steppin' on an overdrive-perfect for driving, crunchy rythyms....the boost on the footswitch was perfect for taking the chan 1 settings into leadsville if I wanted to maintasin the SRV vibe I had with the neck/mid pup
..the goods-there were quite a few players in the bar, and they all came to me and asked if they could check out my rig/all said the tone was killer/some thought Boogie's were only metal amps!!(wrong,daddy!!)-our soundman does many a gig in legendary Muscle Shoals(and is a player as well...), and he said the tone was killer!!
bottom line-equally at home in LA or CT(central Tennessee) 8) ..now, go spank your planks!

glad to hear it mike.

i played the V in church this morning. lived exclusively on crunch with the strat. they loved it :mrgreen:

did you get a midi cable?

glad you had some guys checking out the rig (feels good man)

sweet!no, I bent the sleeve some more, and looped the cable in a different way, and I had no popping....looks like an 8 pin cable is a special order anyway(Radio shack and others did not have any in stock locally)-yessir, the rig was the talk of the bar, and i wanted to pass the word......word!

lesterpaul said:
..the goods-there were quite a few players in the bar, and they all came to me and asked if they could check out my rig/all said the tone was killer/some thought Boogie's were only metal amps!!(wrong,daddy!!)-our soundman does many a gig in legendary Muscle Shoals(and is a player as well...), and he said the tone was killer!!
Not true with/out some settings :p

I'm doing some shows for a 60/70/80's band (beatles, wilson picket, zz top that kind of stuff) and i was thinking to use my 1974X Marshall.
After reading your post I'm willing to give mark V a try.

Can you please post your settings?

Tks^^

here we go
-fat/90 watts
gain-1 o'clock
master-2" "
pres.-10
treb-10
mid-12
bass 9
sliders-v shape, but my 750 rides a pubic hair above 750
output-10/full power/EL-34's

-i used this with my Tommy with the neck and mid pup together for my base tone, and by hitting ther blower switch(this defaults to bridge 'bucker on 10), it was like stepping on an overdrive(you may can simulate this on your guitar)
-the fulltone fulldrive II was next if I needed a thicker crunch tone , and it was heaven for the leads...
-I also used the boost function on the mk V on the songs that didnt need the extra ooomph of the fulldrive-really worked out great
-it was mostly country and southern rock, but my chan 1 tone was Hendrix/SRV neck tone-I play a lot of fills and licks while the singer holds down the acoustic rythym-I had crunch setting for chan 2, but this setup sounded better, so I eliminated chan 2(it was just overkill)-I do a lot of hybrid picking and I am also a knobber, so dynamics are important for me-this really sounded woody and clean/fat

Latest posts

Back