MK IV reverb not working

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pstuker

Reaction score
Folks,
My Mark IV combo's reverb quit reverbing last night. It still makes the god awful "reverb tank got banged" noise when you thump on the cabinet. But no reverb of the signal is hapening and the trim pot for the reverb has no effect. I switched out the v3 and v4 with no luck. Any ideas? Any good repair guys in northern Virginia?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

the first easy thing to try is find the reverb cable connections on the chassis and tank and give 'em a twist, making sure they're fully seated and making solid contact.

Tried the Reverb tank from a Mark I reissue. Still no joy. Put the Mark IV back together and I now have reverb again.

Thanks for the advise, looks like you were spot on.

cool

yeah, you have to try the easy stuff yourself first before going to a tech....what do you think that would have cost you if you dropped it off with a tech and said: "The reverb's not working...fix it."...?

acorkos said:
cool

yeah, you have to try the easy stuff yourself first before going to a tech....what do you think that would have cost you if you dropped it off with a tech and said: "The reverb's not working...fix it."...?

"yeah, it was the uhh flux capacitor. had to be removed and replaced. brand new they cost $2,000. oh and labor....gosh, it took me 7 hours to get that darn thing out....."

:lol:

Latest posts

Back