Mk IV Fan under chasis ??????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SyloBoogie29

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm just about ready to buy this mark iv on ebay, and requested more detailed pics from the owner. While viewing the pictures, there are 2 things that caught my attention,that lead me to need input from all you owners on the board. Notice in the first picture how there seems to be some rust like color and glue on what I presume is the power unit (though im not sure what it is). Is this normal/ acceptable? Also in the second and third picture, there is a fan below the tubes, which seems to be installed by the owner, or someone. Can someone please confirm this is not OEM, and please advise if its a wise move to purchase this amp w/ this fan, and how the fan may affect the value. Also, I was planning on purchasing a wood shell down the road, does the fan have to go on with the wood, or is it on the chassis already ? I have never seen a iv on the inside so im not sure. Thank you all very sincerely.

CIMG0037.jpg

CIMG0044.jpg

CIMG0045.jpg

The fan is installed by Mesa Boogie, totally OK and the transformer looks normal. If you plan on changing the shell, I personally would install the fan also. Mesa puts it on there for a reason.

Machine Gun,

Thanks a lot for confirming this for me. It looked like it was OEM, as u can see hte cut outs for the fan size, I was just skeptical, as the fan says globe motors, and I wasnt sure if it was aftermarket swap for the OEM fan. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. :D

Back