• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Mark 2C+ Coliseum FS/FT

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarmona

Reaction score
First off this is from what I understand as the third owner of this amp, a "factory" Mark 2c+ Coliseum built in 1984, although I'll call Mesa sometime this week to either confirm or deny that it was a factory C+ model. The amp was the standard production model without EQ or Reverb (including this at the beginning since I know that makes or breaks alot of deals). I purchased this from a music store who purchased it from someone else and had the amp serviced in June 2009 (fixed caps,resistors, retubed, pots cleaned) Ill include the Authorized repair form in sale. The amp also has its foot switch purchased from Mesa at the time of its cleaning and will be shipped in an anvil road case. The amp is perfectly functioning and has been lightly used since its service in 2009, but I'm guessing it had some good use with the original owner from the band Fatso Jenson as the guitarist used it for his European Tour.
I'll try and fit some pictures in to give you guys a good idea of the amp/roadcase: If anyone's interested they can toss me and email and I'll take some under the chassis shots.
The power tubes are STR 440's and the smaller tubes are the stock Mesa labeled Chinese tubes.
Photo04081658.jpg

Photo04081657.jpg

Photo04081654.jpg

Photo04081650.jpg

Photo04081649.jpg

Crappy Cell phone pictures but Ill be willing to oblige potential buyers with detailed pictures and chassis shots; just didn't include them since I haven't actually removed the chassis since I bought the amp.

The TLDR Version
1984 Mark 2c+ Coli w/ no eq or reverb, Str 440 power Tubes, perfect working condition. Original faceplate may have been replaced, I'm sure one of the boogie vets could tell at first glance.
Serial K4**
Has Mesa Cooling Fan, and stock Limit and slave knob.
Tolex dinged in some places but IMO pretty good shape for being a 28 year old amp.
Anvil Roadcase designed for the amp
Footswitch
Recently serviced at Mesa Petaluma in 2009, kept in roadcase since then and lightly played.
Service form included in purchase.
Willing to provide as much info/pictures upon request as possible.
Willing to Ship in continental U.S.
Located in So-Cal
Price 5200$ and I will cover insured shipping to continental 48.
Most likely take out tubes and package them separately while having the rest professional packed.
Price is somewhat negotiable depending on whether local delivery can be made.
Prefer Paypal
Isn't an amp I really want to get rid of but I could use the extra money for tuition at the moment.

The only thing at this moment id consider for trade+cash would be a Mark 5 but feel free to offer via boards or email.
Thanks in advance, please let me know if

Only trade considering atm would be a Mark 5 + Cash but feel free to make offers

That is my asking price, thanks.
Its not a piece I'm in a hurry to get rid of but if it fetched that price I would be persuaded to and I believe I've seen some fetch prices in the area.
Thanks,

There is one just like this one on ebay, just in black tolex. The guy has been trying to sell it for like 6 months, even dropping price to $2500, but no bites. In general IIC+ without EQ is much less desireable for some reason.

adonixx said:
There is one just like this one on ebay, just in black tolex. The guy has been trying to sell it for like 6 months, even dropping price to $2500, but no bites. In general IIC+ without EQ is much less desireable for some reason.

yea, that C+ coli on ebay has been up a long time.....

Latest posts

Back