MK IIC+ EQ Upgrade &maintenance. Anyone send amps to Boo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danipman

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a MK IIC+ I purchased in 1983 with my paper route (remember them?) money. I let the sales guy talk me into the EV speaker over the EQ.

I would like to add the EQ to the amp now.

I would also like Boogie to do maintenance on my 22 year old amp while they have it.

Has anyone done the EQ upgrade or have Boogie do maintenance on the Amp?

Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Dan
Farmingdale NY

Hi Dan,

I had my Boogie upgraded to a C+ a couple of years ago. My Boogie was built in 1984 before the C+'s came out and mine is a Mark 11C upgraded to a C+. I would think yours is a C if built in 1983. Mine already had the EQ and Reverb.

It was a good experiance dealing with Boogie and I would recommend it. Mike Bendinelli is the Cheif enginneer, besides being one of the Mark 11C+ desighners and he is a great guy! He not only did the upgrade but also looked over the whole amp and it sounds great! Great customer support.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Joe (East Islip)

Joe,

Thanks for the reply.

I must have the year I purchased it wrong, Its a 13000's serial, have the + above the AC so I'm pretty sure its a IIC+.

I spoke with Mike the other day, he was very helpful.

I was considering adding the EQ ($400) and having some minor upgrades, but it will cost about $700 bucks for everything, including shipping.

I'm considering picking up a used Mark4 or Rivera instead and retiring the old boy for home use only. I am intrigued by the ability to use 6V6 tubes and the wholeTweed power thing.

I have used a Boss EQ in the loop and would have to imagine tonally it does the same thing as the EQ.

Dan

Problem with adding the EQ is mike has no more IIC+ faceplates left. They have plenty of IIB ones, but that would not be the same. I have the last one that they had, but it was actually a IIC, not a IIC+ one. For the value of the amp, I would have the amp serviced by Mike, it is well worth it. I have had two of my IIC+ amps done. I would NOT add the EQ. Not worth the money and the potential damage to the value of the piece if it is a IIC+.

I would look very hard at a Lone Star. I spent a weekend at MESA with my frineds there and pplayed a whole host of amps, and the LS is well worth checking out.

BWK

Latest posts

Back