Mini recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing with the dark terror is the amount of gain! Its good... but it isn't this good!!!
And it is half the price here in Europe!
Still, i bet this thing, loud, and with a bit more bass will sound AWSOME!!! the Orange also sounds very very good for metal!!!

Why does everything need to be boosted??
I never really got to like any boost pedal!! Everyone says my MV will sound better boosted.. but to me it looses all character! Last saturday another band played with a Dual Rec... i tried it and was in Love!!! But then the guy, when it was time to play his set he brought this enormous Boss GT something... what a crap sound he had!! Later, with my Mark V the guy came to me astounded by the sound!!! All i said to him was... 'Direct Input - Guitar --> Amp' That's it!!!
If one wants delays, chorus etc ok, but if the main thing is distortion... Why the hell everyone (in portugal at least) must have a boss Gt or something like that????

PS: i love that everyone has them! This way when i play, i sound way better!!! hehehehe

fluff191 said:
That thing sounds guuuuuuuuud!!!! And would sound even better boosted!!!

Anyone else think its sounds like an older 2 channel? I noticed the literature mentions the original model.

I agree with everything in this post! I was gonna get the dark terror too but now im gonna hold off for this! It sounds way better to my ears! And it means i can still have (close enough to ) my sound in a much smaller package.....im still keeping my dual though!

Dave G. said:
fluff191 said:
That thing sounds guuuuuuuuud!!!! And would sound even better boosted!!!

Anyone else think its sounds like an older 2 channel? I noticed the literature mentions the original model.

I agree with everything in this post! I was gonna get the dark terror too but now im gonna hold off for this! It sounds way better to my ears! And it means i can still have (close enough to ) my sound in a much smaller package.....im still keeping my dual though!

Hey, 2 channels. a full EQ per channel, and the aspect ration of the Mini Recto + Matching 1 x 12 LOOKS like a mini halfstack. It is TOO CUTE!!! Not to mention 4 modes. This thing is WAY COOL!

Would still love to see them make a 'blackface' version. That would look WAY better! :twisted:

..Or even something a bit different to keep the amp with a nice new fresh look. I think the standard diamond plate look is a little washed up by now (imo).

Neptical said:
Would still love to see them make a 'blackface' version. That would look WAY better! :twisted:

..Or even something a bit different to keep the amp with a nice new fresh look. I think the standard diamond plate look is a little washed up by now (imo).

They added a red light! :mrgreen:

ifailedshapes said:
Neptical said:

They added a red light! :mrgreen:

LOL! :lol: :lol:

ifailedshapes said:
I think this could be a useful tool in a punk/rock band, but I don't think it gets heavy enough for metal. It also sound a lot thinner due to the 84s, so it won't fill the sonic space the Dual Rec guys are used to.

Dont listen to much punk do you?

cruncher said:
I'd like to know if the 1x12 slant cab will actually have a slanted speaker.

The 1x12 slant cabinet does indeed have a slanted speaker. It's not as drastic of a slant as a 4x12, but it is definitely slanted!

HaggertysMusic said:
cruncher said:

The 1x12 slant cabinet does indeed have a slanted speaker. It's not as drastic of a slant as a 4x12, but it is definitely slanted!
Sweet! I'll probably end up picking one up once I unload my 4x12. BTW, any updates on when they're shipping?

cruncher said:

Yeah, Celestion have a new special speaker for those cabs.

2uxziba.jpg

HaggertysMusic said:
cruncher said:

Thanks. Good to know.

HaggertysMusic said:
cruncher said:

As HaggertysMusic said... (pic from the factory)

DSCN1368.JPG

I stopped by Petaluma to drop off my Triaixs at Boogie last week, Tien was kind enough to take me for a little behind the scenes stroll to check out the production line and the Mini Recto.
I checked out the whole assembly line process from start to finish. The mini rectos are being built by the same people who assemble your Dual Rectifiers and Mark V's. The components and workmanship look top notch. The diamond plate chasis look sick, the knobs feel right when you turn them. The Mini Recto cabs look fantastic as well and recieve all the same attention to detail you have come to expect from their larger brethren. 
When you guys see these things up close your just going to want one.

dbone said:
I stopped by Petaluma to drop off my Triaixs at Boogie last week, Tien was kind enough to take me for a little behind the scenes stroll to check out the production line and the Mini Recto.
I checked out the whole assembly line process from start to finish. The mini rectos are being built by the same people who assemble your Dual Rectifiers and Mark V's. The components and workmanship look top notch. The diamond plate chasis look sick, the knobs feel right when you turn them. The Mini Recto cabs look fantastic as well and recieve all the same attention to detail you have come to expect from their larger brethren. 
When you guys see these things up close your just going to want one.

Did you get the chance to hear the mini recto in person ?

I wouldn't of skipped a detail like that. I did not play the mini, There was however fondling involved. I just wanted to relay what I saw walking through the factory. Boogie takes alot of pride in what they do and it definetly showed in what I experienced.

dbone said:
I just wanted to relay what I saw walking through the factory. Boogie takes alot of pride in what they do and it definetly showed in what I experienced.

Exactly! Great minds think alike. :D

Same thing I did in my other thread here:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56427

Latest posts

Back