Mini recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAYUM that is alot of money for that amp!!!! I am sure Don will still sell me one though :lol:

Man in the uk this thing would work out about £610. I'm guessing it will be nearer £1000 which is about $1600... still want one though...

It will be over a grand in the UK. The TA15 retails for $899 in the US, and £989 in the UK. The Mini Recto is going to be $999 in the US so it will be about £1,050 or so here.

If you think that's bad work out what the cabs will be.

EvilEmuOfDoom said:
I just pre-ordered mine from Haggerty's! :D I called and spoke to Don and was surprised to hear I was the first to pre-order through them.

Congrats...we look forward to your first review :wink:

I guess we really won't know about this amp until we hear some demos and get some feedback, but my immediate question would be, TA-15 or Mini Recto? Seem to be similar in price...guess they are different animals.

$999 is the retail price it will go for.

i wonder...
if you can get that real "Recto" sound with el84's....

i would have thought 6v6's would be a better choice, but it's not like r. smith hasn't gone there already....

i have some groovetube substitubes, that i plug into my mark2b every once in a while, el84's make the boogie sound exactly like a cross between a top boost ac30 and the boogie......!
LOL

so, i just don't see how el84's can do the trick.....

anxiously waiting to actually hear one.

i wonder...

i would have thought 6v6's would be a better choice, but it's not like r. smith hasn't gone there already....

From what Boogie has told me, rectifier recording pre's through the 20/20 has been kind of a shop favorite. I think I will like the added mids and sizzle from the 84's. It's going to be a mean sounding little amp.

HaggertysMusic said:
i wonder...

From what Boogie has told me, rectifier recording pre's through the 20/20 has been kind of a shop favorite. I think I will like the added mids and sizzle from the 84's. It's going to be a mean sounding little amp.

It'd be funny if this amp really took off with metal bands.

4737355_4bc22320e5_m.jpeg

That thing sounds guuuuuuuuud!!!! And would sound even better boosted!!!

Anyone else think its sounds like an older 2 channel? I noticed the literature mentions the original model.

Note that they didn't give this amp the Dual Rectifier title, because it doesn't have a rectifier tube. :) Also, I think the videos don't really sound that good, but perhaps I was hoping that they could really get this to sound like big brother.

I think this could be a useful tool in a punk/rock band, but I don't think it gets heavy enough for metal. It also sound a lot thinner due to the 84s, so it won't fill the sonic space the Dual Rec guys are used to.

All in all, I really like it. It would be interesting to compare this to the TA-15.

Well I WAS going to buy an Orange Dark Terror, but the Mesa Fanboy in me is demanding the Mini Recto. WAY more versatile too.

It should be noted that the clips with the 'smaller' sound are using the 1 x 12 cabs while the last clip is through a 4 x 12.

IMHO, it sounds awesome, like a Recto. Orange will have their hands full going against this pint sized giant.

I think it sounds pretty mean. And I think the el84s sound quite beefy in comparison to what I usually expect from them! And like fluff says boosted it will ROAR!!!

Latest posts

Back