Mini Recto FX Loop Hard Bypass

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanie

Reaction score
I recently received a replacement Mini Rectifier from Mesa as I was experiencing some issues with power cutout/fades in the one I purchased in June of last year. The new replacement does not have the FX loop hard bypass switch like my original one did. Sweetwater still lists the hard bypass in the specs.

I personally always have the loop engaged anyway because I run reverb and delay through it, but I'm just wondering when/why this switch was removed from the design.

meanie said:
I recently received a replacement Mini Rectifier from Mesa as I was experiencing some issues with power cutout/fades in the one I purchased in June of last year. The new replacement does not have the FX loop hard bypass switch like my original one did. Sweetwater still lists the hard bypass in the specs.

I personally always have the loop engaged anyway because I run reverb and delay through it, but I'm just wondering when/why this switch was removed from the design.

With the current design, when nothing is plugged into the loop it is automatically bypassed, and when a 1/4" plug is inserted the loop is engaged. Thanks!

The option of the bypass switch completely bypasses the loop circuitry including the tube, where without the bypass switch without the loop engaged your signal still travels through the loop circuit and tube.

I recall some write-up or youtube video on the MINI they said that they included the bypass as an option eventhough all the musicians/artist that tried the prototypes preferred to leave it ON whether they used the loop or not.

I think what you have in hand is Mini Rec 25 Rev. B Save cost buy eliminating features nobody found useful and fix any problems that were missed in Rev A, like the 10w oscillation issue.

I personally wouldnt worry about it. I never use the loop and leave it ON all the time.

I actually like the switch. When I have no guitar volume, I can flip it to isolate the loop effects and the loop preamp tube.

Other than that, it's on 100% of the time for me.

Authorized Boogie said:
With the current design, when nothing is plugged into the loop it is automatically bypassed, and when a 1/4" plug is inserted the loop is engaged. Thanks!

Are there any other differences between the two revisions besides the FX loop switch?

Thank you

Why dont you call Mesa and ask a tech. Explain you had the original and the new one you received has no fx switch and you are curious to what else has changed. I dont think anyone here will have that answer for you.

Talked to a Mesa tech...Despite they kicked out the Hardbypass-switch and solved the 10W oscillation problem, there are no other tweaks or changes to the Mini in it's Rev. B.

Interesting. I sold an earlier model with the fx loop switch and recently reaquired another mini without the switch. The humming on the 10 watt mode of the old one was awful…. I can't believe they didn't cure the issue before they originally released them.

Latest posts

Back