Mini Rectifier Custom hardwood headshell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StriderZ

Reaction score
Hi i'm pretty new in this forum (well this is my first post)

i always love the hardwood versions of the heads,combos,or cabs from mesa but for the mini recto haven't see a hardwood version of it, just the diamond plate change.

can someone make a custom hardwood headshell for my mini rect???, i would love to have one for mine
if you kwon someone will be nice for me to try con contact this person or if you can make one PM plz :D

Yes, sure:

http://ampclones.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=53

abube said:
Yes, sure:

http://ampclones.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=53
Oh, man, THANKS for that link! I can see black or tan tolex with a salt-and-pepper grille cloth faceplate in my future.

It is relatively easy to build a wood shell for the Mini. How fancy the end result will add complexity.

I build mine with scrap wood that I experimented adding a 'ribbon' of contrasting wood to. One note - the screws for the aluminum shell are NOT the same on both sides. I plowed ahead thinking they were. I was rewarded with one more time to experience the 'art' of wood working - fixing the screw ups.

A 24"x6" piece of wood in your choice of thickness will be all you need.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/russ_creations/9731384302/

Geeze said:
It is relatively easy to build a wood shell for the Mini. How fancy the end result will add complexity.

I build mine with scrap wood that I experimented adding a 'ribbon' of contrasting wood to. One note - the screws for the aluminum shell are NOT the same on both sides. I plowed ahead thinking they were. I was rewarded with one more time to experience the 'art' of wood working - fixing the screw ups.

A 24"x6" piece of wood in your choice of thickness will be all you need.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/russ_creations/9731384302/
Plus the right tools, a place to do it, and the skills to do it.

That said, your skills are mad good! That thing is gorgeous! If I could do the same thing I would do it like that, and then do the custom fascia similar to how Mesa has dressed the new Roctoverb 25/Mini Rec 2.0.

Once again, CONGRATS on a beautiful build!

Thank you, KiwiJoe.

Skills are benefits you pick up during the mad desire to attempt greatness.

Or as a friend of mine who is building his 5,6 & 7th acoustic guitars from scratch replies when asked how did he build such beautiful things - 'Because I'm will to f##k **** up on the way to what I want.'

I encourage you to try your hand at building what you want. It will take a few tries - that is part of my process. I started building speaker cabs last summer to experiment with speaker size and cab size. I build a 2x12 when I purchased the Mini and then found that I liked the slant cab design and really wanted a cab scaled to the Mini. I also found some stunning flame cherry and figured walnut and being the wood ***** I am, wanted a pretty cab. Now to find a design. I experimented with 12's and 10's and jumped off the experimental cliff with a 4x8 cab 20"x20"x12" with popular. Surprisingly good sound for 8" speakers. So good that I have cut the walnut and cherry to that size and am currently putting an oil finish on it. It only took me 4 cabs to find the design I like and then only two months more to 'man up' and cut the cherry. Is it perfect? No, but **** it is pretty.

+1. You will never learn if you are not willing to try.

When I started doing small luthier projects with my guitars, yeah I screwed up a few things. But what I learned from screwing up was more valuable. I also learned that pretty much anything can be fixed. So if it doesnt turn out, dont worry. Try again.

Oh, I hear you. My woodworking skills aren't that bad, but I really don't have much in the way of tools these days; buy the time I purchased what I need, I could buy one from that site or pay somebody here locally to do it for me.

And, frankly, I'm lazy now that I have reached a point in my life that I've worked very hard to get to where I have the money to just buy it pre-made.

And I'd rather spend that time playing/recording/rehearsing with the boys.

But my hat is off to guys like you who put in the time to build quality stuff for yourselves. :)

Latest posts

Back