Mini Rectfifier Problem - You also experience this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalfT85

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have a question concerning my Mesa Boogie Mini Recto...

If I push the handle completely into the chassis the left handle piece touches the tip of the V2 preamp tube and pushes it aside a little...Not very good!
Do you also experience this?

Also, do your knobs also scratch easily in the gig bag?I transported mine just a couple of times and the diamond plate and a few knobs have some scratches...

Haven't noticed my hyandle doing that when I push it in. I'll check for that tonight.

Don't use the gig bag, I just set it on the front seat of the car and let the air bag take care of it. :mrgreen:

I want to switch the knobs anyway, for a set that are easier to read.

Had a similar experience, the left handle was touching the tip of of the v2 tube or the one next to it. When I retubed the mini, I took care of the issue.

As for the gig bag, the buckle thing came loose and I almost dropped the mini! Ever since I have stopped using it.

I have never experienced that issue, but have also never pushed in the handle of the Mini Rec. I have never stacked anything on top of my Mini Rec so never saw the reason. In fact, never even thought about doing so.

Still, pushing the handle down should not be an issue "by design" and is good to know if it is a problem.

Hopefully, yours is the exception. I don't plan to test it just in case! :wink:

Best of luck....and let us know.

Just checked mine; a few milimeters clearance both sides no matter how I wobble the handle, so all good. I would not have thought anything of it, so thanks to the OP for raising the issue.

I use the gig bag every time I transport the amp; still carry it by the handle (I don't trust the strap either). I haven't had any scratching issues at all. OP - check the liner in the bag; you might have some abrasive contaminant in there. It's a pretty soft surface, so I don't see how it could scratch anything.

Returned mine a couple of days ago...Handle touching the tube, pots seemed not to sound how they should. Received a new one and yes: a few milimeters clearance both sides no matter how I wobble the handle!Also seemed a lot better sounding...But then, huge bummer: Even with the guitar not plugged in, there was a hum that occurred when I touched the mini switches on the front (clean/pushed, modern/vintage, 25/10 watt)...With a guitar plugged in, it got better, but still was there. Talked to my local distributor, they said that should not be the case and I had to return it right away. ****, hope I will have my Mini Rector finally here:-(I am really pissed by Mesa's quality control right now...2 amps that didn't do their job right out of the box!Just wanted to let you know!

Latest posts

Back