might not be the good forum but need an answer pretty fast!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webstersp

Reaction score
I need to buy myself a 4 space rack as flat as possible because I want to put it between my 4x12 cab and my MARK IV head. It would be even better if I could put it on top of my head (could use the furman lights) but because of the amp handle not sure if it would be stable.

My first choice would be a SKB because of weight but they don't seem to be very flat...

4U Shallow "X" SKB Rack = 8.3 lbs
4U Shallow plywood Rack = 25 pounds

Here's a link to my second choice: http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Space-Amplifier-Shallow-Rack-Case-DJK-4UED_W0QQitemZ140257931619QQihZ004QQcategoryZ23789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A good choice would be to buy a rack for the head but for my mesa widebody the few taht I have found on ebay doesn't ship to Canada!
Photo004.jpg

gts said:
webstersp said:
It would be even better if I could put it on top of my head (could use the furman lights) but because of the amp handle not sure if it would be stable.

Remove the amp handle (only two screws!!)

I didn't think about that before thx !!!

Do NOT take the handle off without either:

a) putting a flat head screw in the hole you just left

or

b) taking the chassis out and removing the two t-nuts that are pressed into the holes

I have seen (and fixed) amps that have failed because somebody took the handle off and kept cranking the amp. The only thing holding those t-nuts in place are the handle screws. Take them out and they are just press fit in with nail-like prongs. If the amp is subjected to vibrations of being on a speaker cabinet at volume...those t-nuts can and will fall out. Right onto your circuit board. This is obviously not good and can cause lots of $$$$ in damage.

Best bet...leave the handle right where it is and put spacer feet underneath anything you want to put on top.

Enjoy.

FWIW- I've bought two OSP cases, a 4 space and 8 space, and i like them very much. And they are very flat on top...

This is a SKB shallow X and with the rubber feet sits on my Mark IV without the need to remove the handle from the amp.
P8150588.jpg

Back