Midi Octopus and Triple Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Lee

Reaction score
Has anybody used a midi octopus to channel switch the triple rectifier successfully? I have used all 8 jacks but none will switch the channels.
I am not sure if the ocotpus is malfunctioning or the TR just cannot be channel switched with it.

I currently use the Behringer FBC1010 to switch the channels but there are only 2 switch jacks so I am unable to use the solo function of the head. It seems some amps work with the octopus but not others. I have been unsuccessfull finding the relay switches for the Octopus which may be what I need. I may just have to bite the bullet and order from Axess.

Thanks!

There is only 1 switch on the Octopus that will change channels on a amp. On the back of the Octopus it should be labled "Relay" and is usually the A channel.

EDIT:

Just checked Axess and the TR needs a special cable. The Octopus won't change channel. You need a CFX4 from Axess with the special TR cable.

Axess Electronics Link

I use the GRX4 in my current rig. You can't go wrong with Mario at Axess.

So with the CFX4 + special cable for mesa's+ Behringer FCB1010 + Mesa boogie Dual Rec:
you could control foot switching all through the Behringer and not need to use the mesa boogie footswitch?

Exactly. While your at the Axess web site check out the FX1 foot controller which is probably the best foot controller on the market. I'm gassing for one big time.

Latest posts

Back