mesa's that take best to rack effects?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackmesa

Reaction score
i've got a pod pro that i want to run through something. what mesa would adapt well or is it not even worth it? thanks!

Eddie

Hey Eddie, Most of us are Boogie purists here and as for me I would save the POD for late night headphone/ computer recording and such and would never plug such a thing into a Boogie amp. But if you really are stuck on the idea; using it for the front end of a Mesa Simul Satellite would be a good combination. or a 50 50 power amp maybe but IMO why bother when a mesa will give you real genuine tube tone without all the digital nonsence.
John

Here's a response that doesn't completely ignore the original question:

Any of the Boogie amps will be able to run the POD Pro's effects without a problem. Some of the more vintage designs may overdrive the effects processors. Something like a Mark IV or a Dual Rectifier would have no problems whatsoever, as they have loop level controls.

Just make sure you turn the amp and cabinet simulations "Off" in the setup of the POD. You only want to use the effects that are built into your rack unit.

(BTW A Simul-Satellite is an amp that Mesa produced in head and in combo form. It is basically a poweramp without the rack enclosure - they have volume(boost), presence, and master volume controls, and also a five band graphic EQ like a Mark series amp. They are also available in non-simul-class models.)

Why'd they stop making Simul Satellites if the new Mark IV's still have outs to 'em?

I think that they found more people are just using another amp to slave to or are using a straight rack amp setup in any event the sales figures don't promote keeping them in production.

To delete the option wouldn't make sense. Would you want to see a Mark IVC that the only change was it was missing a satellite jack and still pay the same amount if not more for it? I am assuming any change would initially cost a little more even though it wouldn't effectively cost more to produce. That is like some amps that still carry the ground switch that is dangerous but is still part of the design. Some use it and others don't. In the right application it is great while most of the time it is useless.

I would like to see Mesa do series and parallel loops standard. I don't use many effects anymore but if I wanted to use something in the loop it would be nice to have the choice of loops instead of being forced to use one type or another.

FWIW, I saw a Fender satellite amp listed a couple days ago. I can't remember if it was on CL or e-bay though.

Latest posts

Back