mesa's tech guy! u gotta wonder!! New triaxis owners..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! thought Id put this out here for other new tri owners... ( im lovin mine)!!! I was having a problem witht the SW loop and mode led's lighting up like a christmas tree and the preset tone totally going blah when I turned my stand by on and the off... called mesa...they had no idea never heard of this.. well, I contacted the guy I bought it from and he quickly told me that it will do that if u dont have the ground on both the 2:90 and the tri set to on! easy fix! mesa was telling me to take it to a tech! this would have been months before I got it back.. not to mention a hour drive! cant believe they had no clue... anyway, Ive been going through tons of heads etc... nothing was doing it for me... back in the day I was running a ADA mp1 which did it for me.. was thinking about getting another one when a friend said try the tri if u have the money.. Im so glad I did! Im running through a orange cab with v30s, this cab sounds great with the unit.. did alot of research and picked up a intellifex (on its way)which seems to be the fx unit of choice... slowly putting it together.. Ill post some music when ready... quick question: the recording outs. will I need a speaker sim to use these direct? take it easy... Tim...

You are bashing mesa because they did not know a fix for your problem that they had never heard of and recommended you take it someone to look at? How do you know the fix/problem is not unique to your unit? Sounds weird to me. It is extremely hard to troubleshoot anything without being there. Too many variables come into play.

To answer your question;

The recording outputs reduce the highs by a little but not enough to convince me that I am listening to a cabinet.

You are probably better off using the regular output and getting a good speaker sim for direct recording.

u have a point but a ground problem were I just flip a switch..?? pretty simple trouble shoot.. but Ill give the benefet of the doubt to Mesa.. and I did give props later in my hello... This post is really for anyone experiencing this simple problem.. thanks for the recording advice..Tim..

i tried the triaxis in both positions and nothing changed at all. maybe its your power supply, cos im using a power conditioner

spindlergallery said:
Hi all! thought Id put this out here for other new tri owners... ( im lovin mine)!!! I was having a problem witht the SW loop and mode led's lighting up like a christmas tree and the preset tone totally going blah when I turned my stand by on and the off... called mesa...they had no idea never heard of this.. well, I contacted the guy I bought it from and he quickly told me that it will do that if u dont have the ground on both the 2:90 and the tri set to on! easy fix! mesa was telling me to take it to a tech! this would have been months before I got it back.. not to mention a hour drive! cant believe they had no clue... anyway, Ive been going through tons of heads etc... nothing was doing it for me... back in the day I was running a ADA mp1 which did it for me.. was thinking about getting another one when a friend said try the tri if u have the money.. Im so glad I did! Im running through a orange cab with v30s, this cab sounds great with the unit.. did alot of research and picked up a intellifex (on its way)which seems to be the fx unit of choice... slowly putting it together.. Ill post some music when ready... quick question: the recording outs. will I need a speaker sim to use these direct? take it easy... Tim...

i've owned one fo 10 years and never had that problem.

I think your unit is broken

Latest posts

Back