Mesa Warranty... *Also US-UK Boogie?*

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scary Guy IRL

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just curious. If i was to buy, say a Mesa Roadster from the US (In Person), and then brought it home (The UK). Would the 5 Year warranty still cover me? And if something happened, could i bring/send it to a Mesa Tech Person(?) over here.. Or would it get really complicated, where i could have to send to the US or somin.. :?

Cheers.
Any Help's Apprechiated.
-Conor D-

This page my help. Just select your region and read very carefully anything else you my want to call them.
http://mesaboogie.com/US/Dealers/dealers___support.htm

If you import then you have no warranty, even if its a personal import. So UK have to pay double and have 3 years less ( 18months less on valves) warranty.
Generally speaking Mesa's dont go wrong so if you did import it then you would prolly not have any issues, contemplating going down this route after returning a LSC 2x12 after a few issues with a dealer.

6L6C, Link was great, answered it all really:

Your MESA/Boogie product is covered under a warranty, which
is provided by your country's Authorized MESA/Boogie Distributor.
If you purchase or use any of our products outside the market they were
intended for, use a step-up or step-down transformer or tamper with the
product in any way, your warranty will immediately be invalidated and all
repairs (parts and labor) will be your responsibility. Each repair is
checked by serial number and under no circumstances will we provide warrantyto anyone who has purchased their amplifier outside of their home market.

Generally speaking Mesa's dont go wrong so if you did import it then you would prolly not have any issues

Thats what i was thinking.. I can either go two routes:
1. Buy New From the US
2. Buy Used from the US

I think i would be more entitled to buy new.. as even though there would be no physical warranty.. I would still have those 5 years.. where Mesa obviously believe enough in, to stand over...

What you guys think?

Also.. If any of you guys have any experiene with using a Step Down Converter with a Mesa... i'd be interested in hearing about it.. Does it work okay? Or are there complications when it comes to the frequency (US is 60hz, and UK is 50hz i think)?

Thanks
-Conor D-

dennq45 said:
How about having a buddy buy it for you, register the warranty, and then ship it on over. Just a thought.

I actually intend on going over myself, and picking one up whilst in the US. If i got someone else to register the warranty? Wouldn't it mean that if something happened.. i'd have to bring it to where i bought it from :?:

Back