Mesa Triaxis vs. Marshall JMP-1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guitarmaster said:
Marshall JMP 1 is the worst preamp ever built, poor quality sounds. Tri-Axis is probably the best preamp available today.

LOL
Enjoy...

http://music.mp3lizard.com/spguitar/
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=615953 (Check out the Sad But True clips)
I'm the guy with the Strategy 500. Kept the JMP-1, ditched the Triaxis. The Triaxis was way steril sounding compared to the JMP-1. (LD Red channels were so SS sounding) Even with the Strategy 500. I also hated the 2:90 power amp. It's not as warm sounding as the 500.

To say it's not a pro piece is retarded. I've had it for 5 years and actually know how to tweak it.

sombra said:
The Marshall always sounded thin to me. However, YMMV.

Like I said,jmp1 always sounded like floor pedals maybe a boss
heavy metal to me.

I really agree with you

+1[/quote]

You haven't tried one with a Strategy 500. :wink:
I'll NEVER use another power amp again.

guitarmaster said:
with an AMT pedal I could obtain better distortions
you're free to do it and i'm waiting for clips :wink:

your tone is thin .
hundreds of people have listened to these clips and i've never heard anyone say it's thin. People from all age groups (although this not important at all) and using all kinds of (hi-end) gear (Diezel, Bogner, Dr.Z, Mesa, Marshall, Engl, VHT etc. etc.) listened and everyone said it sounds great and i also think that it sounds great

I think also that's retarted to tell that Tri-Axis sounds sterile.
I think it's retarted to say that some piece of equipment used by Iron Maiden, Deftones, Slipknot etc etc is unprofessional.

I'm not a young ************, and I'm not here to show anything to anyone.
What has your age to do with your "knowledge"? This guy is not a 15 y/o kiddo claiming that his metalzone direct to Philips TV sounds stellar. Plus, he probably has a "better" ear than you, from a medical perspective if you're an "old ************"

JMP 1 sound quality is your personal opinion.
and your triaxis opinion is a godgiven truth? :?:

I'm the last person to defend marshall cause i've hated everything i tried except JCM800 but your bashing is really :?
I'm not saying that jmp-1 is better or worse than triaxis but c'mon people.. don't try to give "objective facts and truths" from your own (very subjective) opinion.

guitarmaster said:
Thank you very much for your compliments man :D . Thank you very much for having called me old ************, welcome in the club, you're one of us.
you've said that you're not a young ************ so i guess you're (an) old (************)?

huahauhauauha bunch of kids
Come on people get late
Go to the beach
Turn off computer and play something
Who cares about marshall or mesa ,even their owners dont care !

huahuahuahuuaha

Joke but come on lets enjoy our toys and respect all opinions .

guitarmaster said:
You and the other person clled me retarded and ************. I used ************ not to hurt corgan33, but to make him understand that I'm not a 15 years old man. It seems that I used bad manners with you because you called me old ************ : Have I called you ************???
dude, both you and i know that me saying "old ************" didn't "hurt" you cause you said that you're "not a young ************" so don't be a drama queen and reply to what matters in my post.. i sincerely apologise for calling you an "old ************" but both of us know that me using that phrase in this specific situation is not anything worth posting 3 posts about

guitarmaster said:
I'm sorry that some people here request respect and don't give it .
WTF?!?

PS : discussions like these are for 5 years old babies.
i couldn't agree more.
You like Marshall, I'm happy, I like Mesa ok.
If you even had a glance at my post you would've understood that i hate marshall... and since i'm on these forums (mesa/boogie, that is) you could have came to a conclusion that i'm here for some reason related to liking M/B, but that's wrong, i don't like mesa/boogie, i love them. cheesy, i know, but i've never heard an amp that sounds better than my studio.22+

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm gonna try messing with both the jmp-1 and triaxis together with the 2:90. not sure yet.

- Patrick

I didn't call you a retard. I said it was retarded to say that it wasn't pro gear. So many bands have used it live and on albums.

By the way, i will be using it on our next recordings. These clips were recorded with a single SM57 in my room. No mic preamp at all.
If this is thin i must be deaf.
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=22733

corgan33 said:
I didn't call you a retard. I said it was retarded to say that it wasn't pro gear. So many bands have used it live and on albums.

By the way, i will be using it on our next recordings. These clips were recorded with a single SM57 in my room. No mic preamp at all.
If this is thin i must be deaf.
http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=22733

hey corgan33, excuse me I don't want to make criticisms about your music or your clips, in this forum I have always respected everyone's opinion. I admit this clip is good (for your tone and for your tastes), but I think that Strategy 500 plays an important role in your sound (80%),JMP1 without Strategy couldn't have this tone. You have dialed a decent tone . I think that coliseum300+tri axis could make the same job better and better (IMO), like "Mesa Coliseum300" told in his post, because I have also played in the past these 2 amps (tri axis 1.0+coliseum 300). Someone told that JMP1 tone is similar to boss pedals, it's true, it's for that reason that I think
that JMP1 is not an encyclopedia of tone like the tri-axis. Strategy 500 is probably one of the better mesa power amps, coliseum 300 is a monster with the tri-axis, you could have 2 triple rectifiers in one single unit, and you have the possibility to choose among deep, half drive, modern. I could grant you that this beast was able to "play" tri axis very very well and with an enormous bottom end. It's my opinion :D

Latest posts

Back