MESA STILETTO HERE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my god man! that is the very tone of my dreams! is that a deuce or a trident? i've been trying to pick that tone of out my nomad for a year now, looks like ima have to reinvest in the market! some sweet chops to i might add!

nice to see a fellow resident of the lower mainland on this baord as well! i live out in south delta and go to school in vancouver!

IMO the Stiletto can give you a pretty good hard rock and old school tone, even Eric Johnson's violin like lead tone. BUT, if you really into GNR type tone, you'd better check Marshall JCM800 out.

Here we go, the clips do justice to this amp IMO.
http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/VirtualStudios/Listen/usersong.php?userid=152371

Yeah the JCM 800 was actually on my list to check out, but I wanted an amp with the versatility of a nice clean channel too. It does'nt have to be exactly the GNR tone, but if the stiletto's can get close it would be great! What would you say is the heaviest or most distorted type of music this amp can cover?

Do you happen to have any pictures of yours? The few on the Mesa site don't really show the detail of the croco front too well. :)

Thanks!

I got one more quick question. Where does the footswitch plug into? I was looking at a picture of the rear panel of the amp, and there does'nt seem to be the old pin type plug in for the footswitch. Does it use a regular 1/4" type jack? I seen a section dedicated to External channel swtitching, but I'm not sure what that's all about.

xnfx said:
I got one more quick question. Where does the footswitch plug into? I was looking at a picture of the rear panel of the amp, and there does'nt seem to be the old pin type plug in for the footswitch. Does it use a regular 1/4" type jack? I seen a section dedicated to External channel swtitching, but I'm not sure what that's all about.
it plugs in the front next to the input jack.

Really? Wow I never seen that type of setup before. :wink: How much of a difference is there between a Recto's gain and the stiletto's gain amount? A lot of people are complaining that there's not enough.

xnfx said:
Really? Wow I never seen that type of setup before. :wink: How much of a difference is there between a Recto's gain and the stiletto's gain amount? A lot of people are complaining that there's not enough.
there is a ton of usable gain on tap you have to realize this is not a recto it is what seems to be kind of like a jcm 800 with more balls if you are looking for recto type tones out of this beast the stiletto is not your amp

Nope, not wanting a recto tone out of it. I'm actually getting rid of a recto to get this. But I keep reading that people think it does'nt have enough gain or sustain, so I was curious enough to ask. :)

this thing will surly make some marshall people (marshans?) switch over.. good alternative to those who don't wanna take their vintage 2203s out for stuff like gigs and tours. plus more balls for live use

overture2005 said:
I love the Stiletto. It beats JCM2000!

I have a Marshall JCM2000 TSL 100 Head that I want to replace, any help will be appreciated, from another forum:

OK Guys, here's the deal .... since I'm not going to be switching tubes on my LS back and forth from 6L6 to EL34, and I want to replace my Marshall TSL 100 head, here are my options:

- Peavey JSX.
- Lonestar with EL34.
- Mesa Stiletto Deuce.

I need some help here, any oppinions of the Marshall sound against the amps above will be appreciated, thanks.

OK Guys, in any case, I'm not gettign rid of the Marshall TSL, I've read oppinions about it, and it just needs new tubes, I'll do that. But still want to search for complementary sounds, and get a new amp, but not Marshall brand, it's either Mesa or Peavey. Please continue sending me oppinioins about them, I'm still looking for a Mesa Stiletto Deuce to try it. I guess that on the Paevey JSX, I can trust on MF return policy. 8)

I got yesterday a set of Svetlana EL34's, so I went to replace the tubes on my Lonestar, and give it a try.

I started testing at 50 watts, on the clean channel, it felt really really good, I loved it.

The I went to the 2nd channel, and it was good, but not exactly what I expected or wanted. I tried a lot of different settings, and found a lot of different useful tones, but not the ones in my head.

Then I remebered what Nomad said once, and went and change the rectifier to solid state and 100 watts. I believe this is the best sound for the EL34's from them all. Nice clean channel and the 2nd channel went pretty hot, I set the "Loop in" and control around 12 o'clock, I got a lot of really cool sounds, but still not what I'm after, but I'll keep inmind in my bag of tricks .

The amp is going back to the 6L6's , which I love the most in this amp. So right now my desicion is between a Stiletto Deuce or a JSX, and I think the Stiletto has better features, just with the 50/100 watts, 2 channels and 3 options on every channel, makes it killer. so we'll see 8)

Latest posts

Back