Mesa Mark III Users...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forgivenman

Reaction score
I just purchased a Mark III Blue Stripe. It had the R2 Volume Mod done to it by Boogie which is why I got it. Unfortunately the reverb knob was used for the R2 volume and now I don't have reverb although the tank is in the back of the amp. I think I just need to hook it up to one of the knobs I don't use, but which one should I use? there's no reverb knob on the back.

My other questoin has to do with the "shift pull" knobs. I can't figure out exactly how they're supposed to work. Any help would be appreciated!

forgivenman said:
I just purchased a Mark III Blue Stripe. It had the R2 Volume Mod done to it by Boogie which is why I got it. Unfortunately the reverb knob was used for the R2 volume and now I don't have reverb although the tank is in the back of the amp. I think I just need to hook it up to one of the knobs I don't use, but which one should I use? there's no reverb knob on the back.

My other questoin has to do with the "shift pull" knobs. I can't figure out exactly how they're supposed to work. Any help would be appreciated!
Taken from Smooth and slim :
pull knobs that allow for much more tone tweaking, which may be enough to get the right sound for you. For example, the "Pull Shift" function on the bass knob of Mark IICs and IIIs works early on in the signal chain and therefore can reduce the flab when pushed in; the "Pull Deep" on the Master Volume control, on the other hand, works further down the signal path, so you can pull that out and not get as much flab while increasing the bottom end.

Are you sure the reverb isn't hooked up already somehow? Unless the guy who had the mod done was stupid enough to just say "I don't use reverb"

Back