Mesa dual rec fuse holder problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackenziedeth

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me with this fuse holder problem. The past couple times I've taken my dual rec head to venues to play shows the fuse holder has been popping out of the amp. For whatever reason, it just won't stay in, and when it comes out its near impossible to get it to stay in the back of the amp. Is there some certain trick to do this? I push it in but then it just kind of bounces out almost as though theres a spring pushing it out. I turn and push but this also does nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Hey man. My fuse port is busted to. What could of happened is, there is a little metal filament that helps the fuse and nob twist and lock into the holder, either could be bent or broke off. Mine has broken off. I have a problem with my Mesa so I had this guy look at it and he insisted it was the fuse(which I already new it wasn't, cause power was going through the amp). He romoved the fuse from the fuse port and then tried jamming it back in and snapped the metal piece. IDIOT!!! So I am just switching out the whole holder and soldering the new one in. So you may have to put a new holder in. It is cheap like 3 bucks.

KeeneDrummer said:
So you may have to put a new holder in. It is cheap like 3 bucks.

Hi

I've te same problem but with a 50/50 power amp, I'm gonna to put a new holder in but I can't find any "official measures" to identify wich one to buy on the websites, can you help me with this? Also are you US based (110 volts) or Europe based (220-240 volts) and wich kind of fuse do you use (1,5A, 2A or 3A)? 'cause on the chassis it reads 3A bu the already installed fuse reads 1,5A.

Thanks

If you are unsure of what to get, give Mesa a call. They might even sell you the part you need, check your owners manual for the part #. They can also answer any questions on the proper fuse rating for your amp.

If the amp is still under warrenty just bring it to a Mesa Certified Tech. The charge for an hour of bench time is well worth it to keep your warrenty IMO, and the part might even be covered under warrenty!

If not, just get any quality mains fuse holder. On this page is your standard 1-1/4 x 1/4 (1.25 x .25) inch fuse holder that fits in a 1/2" hole:
http://www.hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/...mplate&thispage=FusesCords&ORDER_ID=173820433

Hope this helps.

Dom

domct203 said:
On this page is your standard 1-1/4 x 1/4 (1.25 x .25) inch fuse holder that fits in a 1/2" hole

So I've to look for "Fender type" fuse holders, right (the only "classifications" I see on every site is or Fender or Marshall type)?

Thanks a lot

bluestometal said:
domct203 said:
On this page is your standard 1-1/4 x 1/4 (1.25 x .25) inch fuse holder that fits in a 1/2" hole

So I've to look for "Fender type" fuse holders, right (the only "classifications" I see on every site is or Fender or Marshall type)?

Thanks a lot
Yea, that will work. I believe the correct term is "Chassis Mount AGC Type Fuse Holder".

Dom

Latest posts

Back