Mesa Dual Rec and Line6 POD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasFM3

Reaction score
Question for all yall shred heads out there!

Has anyone tried to use the Line6 POD as a Effects processor with a Mesa Dual Rec!

I use a Line 6 combo 2x12 as my practice amp at the casa and like the reverb and overdrive I get out of it.

In the jam room I keep my Dual Rec half stack. My Mesa is standard Dual rec 3 channel and thus has no effects. I was thinking about using the Line6 POD as a kind of effects processor and running that through the Loop. Reading the manual of the POD off the Line6 website, though, it says that it is not recommended to use the send of the effects loop to the input of the POD as it may not be hot enough due to the POD expecting input from the Guitar. How true is this and has anyone tried it?

I actually hate dealing with effects stomp boxes and would rather just use the effects button on my REC strip to just turn on the reverb + overdrive to sweeten solos and nothing more. I know the question looms to why not just buy a overdrive and chorus and run Zakk Wylde typical config. Well the fact is that the POD has all those other effects and maybe one day I might want to move on effects and the POD has so many other effects built in.

Any thoughts...

Thanks...

TexasFM3

we use the POD as an effects rack only. Here's our setup:

guitar cable>>amp input>>serial loop efx out>>POD>>back to serial loop efx in.

There is an Axess Electronics CFX4 that controls the switching of the amp's channels. I forgot how, but we have it hooked up so we can click buttons on the POD Live floorboard extension and we change channels through there. Every time we click a button, it calls up the corresponding efx from the POD and the correct channel from the amp.

Let me know if you have questions..

Elpelotero,

Thanks for the insight... so you simply disabled the virtual Amp and Mic portion of the pod and simply run only the effects portion?

My big concern was the fact that I heard that the efx loop would not work with the POD. Seems like that is not a problem to worry about as you seem to have no such problem. This is all I really wanted to do myself. I think I will give it a whirl and see for myself.

Thanks for the heads up...

FM3

TexasFM3 said:
Elpelotero,

Thanks for the insight... so you simply disabled the virtual Amp and Mic portion of the pod and simply run only the effects portion?

My big concern was the fact that I heard that the efx loop would not work with the POD. Seems like that is not a problem to worry about as you seem to have no such problem. This is all I really wanted to do myself. I think I will give it a whirl and see for myself.

Thanks for the heads up...

FM3

1. yes, we DEFINITELY disable the amp and mic simulation. We only use that if an amp blows out or we have to do a low volume practice or something.

2. It works because my amp has a SERIAL efx loop. Newer rectos have PARALLEL loops, and don't work as well with this kind of thing. My old 3ch did not accept the POD very well so we never used it. The serial loop on the pre500's works like a charm.

Back