Mesa Cane Suppliers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedrotheryan

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find some of the exact same pattern of cane that Mesa uses for their cabs and amps?

Mesa told me it would be $250 to get a new grill, so I'd rather just DIY if possible.

pedrotheryan said:
Do you have any pics of your cab? Which size of cane did you use?
Why? You need a big laugh at my attempt at diy? :oops:
I'm not sure what size I bought since I bought it locally lumber / hardwood store and not at Constatine.
I'm too embarrassed to take images. Besides my friend previously had a Mark III in the combo wood (poplar) enclosure and thrashed up really good. Sold the Mark III since with original black tolex and return the wood combo enclosure back to me.

But I'll take pictures if you insist so long you promise me not to laugh. :roll:

O-kay, give me say 15 hours (tomorrow), I'm at work and network adminstator has not kicked me off the 'net yet (hey, that rhymes).

If anyone laughs, I'll leave this bulliten board like boogiebabies did. :evil:
Opps, Now I'm certainly someone is gonna get a laugh. :x

Just need to soak it well before installing it.When it dries it will tighten up nicely.RR yours can be fixed,just remove it,soak it and reinstall.If you want it darker than the very light shade it comes in,apply the stain to the back first,it will soak in on this side,that will wet it enough to get it to tighten up,it gets kinda sloppy this way,but it doesnt soak in well on the "glossy" or outside.Install it on the frame while the stain is wet and when it dries it will tighten up nicely.You will have to apply the stain carefully on the front it doesnt soak in well on this side.I found I had to do a couple of coats to get it even.It comes out real nice,looks just like the Boogie product at a fraction of the cost.When I got from Constantines it came with a one page instruction sheet.RR,now you know so dont post the pics till you fix it,or better yet give a before and after-how to/how not to!

RR said:
O-kay, give me say 15 hours (tomorrow), I'm at work and network adminstator has not kicked me off the 'net yet (hey, that rhymes).

If anyone laughs, I'll leave this bulliten board like boogiebabies did. :evil:
Opps, Now I'm certainly someone is gonna get a laugh. :x

:lol: J/k :lol: :shock: 8)

Back