Mesa Cabs: Very VERY Directional?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
disassembled said:
Very good tips. Another one is to run a cab simulator/ DI box in between the head and the cab. This way you still have the cab as yours and the band's monitor while the audience primarily hears the tone coming from the cab simulator. For the consistency and ease of setup I wouldn't want to go any other way. I just bought a Behringer GI 100 with the cab simulator and it sounds pretty good through some headphones. The behringer piece is also about $35 so either way you have an extra DI box if you don't dig the tone of the cab simulator. I was reluctant to try it out for years but glad I just went ahead and tried it. There probably are many good alternatives but for the price point and quality nothing comes close.
I have an old Behringer Ultra-G floating around somewhere... has anyone had any experience with using that unit for recording or direct to a PA? I'm curious how it would sound using the direct or recording outs of a Mark IV or F-50?

Back