mesa cab for 5:25/price guide

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here and new to mesa. I bought the new 5:25 express a couple months ago and it has since become my all time favorite amp. I have the 1x10 version combo. I hooked up a 16ohm 1x12 epi valve jr ext cab to expand the sound a bit. However, since that speaker is at 16ohm I'm wondering if a 8ohm speaker would sound better.

I just got a mesa boogie 1x12 extension cab on ebay that is 8ohm 90W but haven't received it yet. From the pictures it looked about 8.5/10. I am paying around 300 including shipping. I have been looking all over but I cannot find a price list for mesa products. Does anyone know how much these cabs go for new?

thanks
lucky

On the "Modern Era Amps" section (where we are now), there's a sticky at the top of the page saying "ProNet Pricing"...click that, and it has several pages that you can click on to find new prices. I believe it's $389 new.

I'm guessing its a Mesa Cab with a 90W Black Shadow? I honestly don't know how much they go for, but i remember seeing one locally for $195, not sure if thats a low or normal price.

I just bought the cab for my 5:25 today. It really brings out the bass in this amp! The amp was starting to sound a little "boxy" to my ears. The cab finished that idea!

I just wished I would have bought the cab the day I bought the amp. I don't know how I lived without it.

I paid $299 for mine. Probably a little high price, but I love the dealer.

Latest posts

Back