Mesa Boogie Volume

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavarium

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just recently got my first high end amp, the Mark V being it and am extremely excited and happy that i finally have my dream amp. Seeing as this is my first high end amp though I am fairly new to the whole set up and maintenance involved in using an amp such as this. When i first started playing it, it was extremely loud which was great, but now (I've had it for about 5 days) its volume is very low on settings which when i first started playing were pretty loud (master one each channel around 10o'clock) .

I was wondering why this is happening? Also what settings would you recommend me use for just house usage?

Thank you!!

Hmmm could be a lot of things...if you have the loop switch on the back on and not on hard bypass, then you should be able to control your overall volume with the master volume control directly above the solo volume control on the right hand side. Each master control volume for each channel does effect the volume so have those at a decent level.

Thanks for the quick reply!

When it was really loud i had it set on Loop, i tried the hard bypass today and it was mostly the same and not super loud like it was originally. It wouldn't be the tubes would it? As I would have no idea what do if it was them! :p

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Well yeah it could be the power tubes as well...if so you are still under warranty...and if it has nothing to do with the settings that you are using, your dealer should replace the tubes free of charge...every tube of Mesa's has a 6 month warranty

Also...I would have your dealer give you a tutorial on your amp...mine wanted to sit down with me for 30-60 minutes and go over things with me

A tutorial would probably be a really good idea actually, its just a matter of getting there as they are located in another state.

Thanks for the assistance.

a couple things to...check:

-when in hard bypass the channel master becomes the overall output control so take a look at the channel masters when in bypass because the volume when you selected channel master will be different then the global master is in use.

-check the loop send volume, if you've got nothing connected and just want the global master set it at noon

Latest posts

Back