Mesa Boogie Quad: Still worth it in 2024?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanevil

Reaction score
Mine is all old, the footboard is rusted up, and sometimes the volume disappears, which makes it necessary to give it the "Russian Treatment" so that it comes back on.

All said and done, this is one serious amp, even in 2024. You have two channels with independent channel EQs and then a graphical EQ, and those two channels have both a rhythm or a lead option.

I've heard that the first channel is based off a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC, while channel two is the mighty Mark III. Superb tonal options here. Heck, some of the knobs even have a pulled out option, which opens up some real tone sculpting opportunities.

Here is a recording I did of mine in a full band mix. Apologies for any noise in the signal, the amp was boosted with the Horizon Devices Precision model on my Axe FXIII, which also provided the cab.

Just sounds so bad ***. If I could mic a cabinet up in my small room, I would, but the tone would have been even worse than this.

Also, caveat emptor: for the same reason, my mixes don't usually sound too good, but this should give you a general idea.

Latest posts

Back