Bought a Mark VII!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - this is dlpasco. I lost access to my old email address and apparently needed to create a new account.

I still have the VII, and it's great. I ran into one issue while playing live, but it was extremely situational. I'm used to playing with amps with a volume control that governs the entire amp, not just the volume on an individual channel. Our drummer got really loud during rehearsals and I ended up dialing in all of the channels high so that I could hear over him, and when we finally got to the venue, he suddenly got much lighter on the sticks and I needed to redial all three channels, on stage, to try and come up with something more suitable to the space we were in.

In the future, I could keep a volume pedal in the fx loop to dial things in quickly. Otherwise, I'd look to something like my V:90 so that I could hit a level that would keep all of the channels consistent with the new volume needs.
Welcome back :)

This is why I'm so glad I got my Mark Five not long ago right about the same time they came out with the Mark VII.
I glad everyone likes the missing Master Volume. I wouldn't like not have a Master Volume. for playing live.
The other Guitarist in our band used an EVH 5150III with no Master Volume and turning the amp up or down a little required balancing the 3 channels all over again.
For sure that's not happening during a show.
So over the course of several songs your battling with your guitar amp.
Yea for sure, no time to mess around with that during a show. :) Always relied on having a vol pedal in the loop even though the primary gigging amp currently is a V:90. Other Mesas I gigged with have Master Vols so vol pedal usage scenario was the same. But picked up a Badlander, haven't gigged it yet but while it's two chans I do find there's an added level of vol balancing. With 3 chans that'd be worse for sure.

Yea for sure, no time to mess around with that during a show. :) Always relied on having a vol pedal in the loop even though the primary gigging amp currently is a V:90. Other Mesas I gigged with have Master Vols so vol pedal usage scenario was the same. But picked up a Badlander, haven't gigged it yet but while it's two chans I do find there's an added level of vol balancing. With 3 chans that'd be worse for sure.
It's been longer than I can remember since I've bee using a Line 6 POD HD500 or a DigiTech RP360Xp in the FX Loop of ALL my amps. I'm one of those awful Marshall guys and I've never run anything in front of my amps.
Not even to "tighten" up the sound. LoL I run EL34 tubes and the Variac mode on my Mark Five.
I don't want it tightened up.
I always set the master volume on the processor units to unity gain, but just in case, that master volume is a quick fix for live shows.
Especially on an amp with no master volume.
When I got my EVH 5150III I got the 1X12 combo, and it has an incredible reverb as well as a power level knob that serves as a master volume.
For many years I ran a Marshall DSL100H, and there's no master volume there.
But I'd long already been running a Line 6 POD HD500 in the FX Loop, so I had that for a quick master volume.
I read on here and other places that the amp might sound better without a master volume and that it's not necessary.
I run a Marshall DSL100HR with two master volume and some folks say they hate 'em and to pretend they're not there and to put 'em on 10.

Latest posts

Back