MESA/Boogie Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogiewan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well not really, but this is my newest rig. I think of it as the Mark V. For all of you Mark tone fans, this amp is AMAZING. Here is a photo:

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/PhotoAlbum12.html

The amp to the left is my other favorites, a Series 300 IIB. The LS is an amazing amp. IT was based around the heritage of the Mark I and really is an amp that I consider the next evolution of Mark tone. I was never a fan of the Mark IV - for me, I love the punch of a IIB, IIA or a I. I alwyas love the versatility of the IV, but it was not for me.

The clean channel on the LS is that tone I always want out of my Mark I but took years to get. The LS does it right out of the box. The lead channel is pur Boogie all the way. It really is THE amp for those of us not keen on the Rectifier domination of MESA as of late.

Check one out and I am sure that you will be hooked.

May the tone be with you,

BWK

I almost bought the LS but went for the MKIV. I couldn't get the lead tone of the MKIV out of the LS. Still I think the LS is a great amp.

I find with the drive at 12:00 and the Gain at 3:00 with the setting Thicker that I can get the Mark Lead tone with no problem. Also need to have the Pres up and the Reverb down.

BWK

I had the LS for about a week and one gig. I thought it was great but I found the MKIV to have a lot more options and footswitchable tones. I also think the MKIV has a lot more gain and treble in it. I just got more of the fender on steroids sound from the MKIV. Both are real nice, i like to get the LSS combo to have but I'm not rich.

WOW! Boogiewan Kenobi, those are the most gorgeous amps I've ever seen. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Those are beautiful! Do you gig with those? And if you do, how do you keep them so immaculate?

Hey,

I gig with these, and the key to keeping them so clean is cstom made clam shells by Studio Slips. Mike B's wife Susan makes them to order. They are perfect for keeping things clean and not weighing a 1000 pounds like a road case would. I have them for all my amps. I highly recommend them!

BWK

I love the finish on those amp’s, really beautiful.
With all of those Boogies I guess you are the popular guy in the neighbor
:)

you said they were the only ones in the world...why is this..did you have them custom made or did you make them?

The cabs are solid backed MESA 4x12 Rectifier Straight Slants. The top two speakers are the MS12 150 Watt Black Shadow and EVM 12L in the lower two speaker positions.

The cabinet on the left is Bubinga and the one on the right is African Ribbon Wood.

These two sound as good as they look. I have run both we each amp, or with each amp running one cabinet. They have a full rich tone without the treble bite that can be painful as you move back from the cabinets.

The amp heads are in the respective matching wood. The Series 300 being Bubinga and the LS in African Ribbon.

Awesome looking amps. I too love the hardwood (it' becoming a problem). How do you find the Lonestar's (I'm assumiong it's the LS Classic) clean compares to the 2b/2c amps you own?
DC

I really love the LS tone. The clean channel to me is fantastic. It is different from the IIB, IIC and IIC+. It has a very nice tone, rounded, but not as punchy as the IIB. It is more IIC like, but again, a little softer. Out of the box, the LS sounds amazing. The Mark amps take a little time to get the hang of, the LS is more forgving.

Of all my amps, the LS is most akin to the Mark I BUT much easier to dial in amazing tone. The LS also has plenty of options that the Mark I did not have.

I am really hooked on the LS and pushing it hard. IT pairs up perfectly with my IIB and they really compliment each other.

BWK

Not only are you a great judge of amps...you're a great judge of computers ;) Love my Mac almost as much as my Boogie!

Not to get off topic...but, Iv'e been pretty frustrated by my Dell laptops over the last few years. How difficult would the transition be from a long term Windows user? Which model Apple is recommended?
Thanks

I've used PC's since the early 90's and bought a new iMac a month ago. I'm using a newer Dell laptop at work and this Apple OSx system is really nice. Pretty quick learning curve. But it depends on what you want to do with a computer. I'm totally into multi media so the Mac made sense. Some decent recording software as well. It is fast and very stable. Pat Methany has an free online workshop on the Apple website where he talks about the Apple software that he uses in the studio and live. Check it out. If I was using it for business I'd get the Parallels software for $99 and run windows on it for that. If you're into serious gaming though I'd stay with a PC. But I'm not ;)

If I was the only user of the computer I'd get a Mac Book Pro

Hey thanks,

Once Mac - Never Back!

For anyone to start using a Mac, or switch from PC, you will wonder what took you so long!! :lol:

I always tell people, a car will get you from A to B, but what would you rather travel in, a Yugo or a Mercedes??

Similar to Peavy versus MESA!! :D

BWK

Hey thanks,

Once Mac - Never Back!

For anyone to start using a Mac, or switch from PC, you will wonder what took you so long!! :lol:

I always tell people, a car will get you from A to B, but what would you rather travel in, a Yugo or a Mercedes??

Similar to Peavy versus MESA!! :D

BWK

Back