Mesa boogie 20/20 input power tr

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike112

Reaction score
Hi everybody!!!

I have an american mesa boogie 20/20 wired for 117volts operation.
A friend of mine told me that this power amp can be used with european 230volt only changing a wire soldering point because of 20/20 has a power transformer with multiple primary coils ( 110v, 117v and 230volt inputs).
Is that true? Can anybody confirm this or give more precise information?
Thanks in advance!!!!

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that somewhere.... unless I'm getting it confused with another piece of gear??

Could be worth scouring these forums as it's probably where I read it.

Anyone else know for sure?

Why dont you ask directly mesa ?
You will get your answer faster and without a doubt.
luck

There is at least one thread here in relation to the OPs question. Someone asked Mesa uk and got a circuit diagram showing the mods necessary. I believe a quick search should locate the thread.

So its certainly possible. Good luck, and as mentioned already, be sure to post an update if you are successful.

I found the details that Matthew Smith at Boogie UK sent me. The text from his email is ...."Ian, Here's the mod you need to apply to use the 20/20 over here. It will also need a 1A, 250v Slo-Blo Fuse, an Export Varistor (516275) and IEC Cord. Excuse the rather Heath Robinson looking schematic; It's just something one of the techs drew up."
DSC00501.jpg
2020Primary.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone,
Ian

Excellent. I'm sure this will come in handy for lots of people. The australian mesa importer are sly. They've been jacking up the price of the local power transformers to ridiculous prices because so many people were importing mesa gear themselves (and needing to change the power supply) due to the ridiculous prices we have to pay for Mesa gear over here!

That sounds like the UK distributors - probably protecting their interests. My bass guitarist doubted whether or not the varister needed to be replaced but I got the correct one from the UK distributors and of course it had no value markings on it. :roll:
Good luck, Ian

Back