Mesa ballpark ship time?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbell Fever

Reaction score
I ordered an Express 5.25 2 weeks ago through Guitar Center (I know but they are the only dealer near me). Apparently they have heard nothing yet. I already paid and everything. This is my first mesa/boogie and I am wondering how long everyone else waited for theirs?

Good grief!

I would've thunk GC might do a dealer search. OTH, I'd prefer a "new" unit rather than a floor model. With that said, I do know Mesa does product "runs", meaning: they produce/manufacture a run of Roadsters, then maybe Bass amps, and then maybe some Expresso's, so it could be a wait for manufacturing time! I also know: A custom order usually takes no longer than typically three months! Just be patient. :?

You have to be patient.

I ordered my Roadster the first week of Feb. The last I heard (as of 2 wks ago) is that it is expected to ship from Mesa the first week of May. That's just about 3 months to the day, and this is with NO custom options.

I'm suprised that GC didn't tell you about their 30 day satisfaction guarentee. I (paid for &) left with a Stiletto Ace the first month, brought that back with in 30 days (for full $ credit) and brought home a Recto-Verb combo, brought that back after a month and now I'm jammin on a LSS. The dept. manager actually suggested to do this while I wait on my Roadster. It's nice to have more than just a receipt while I wait ( and wait, and wait).

Dom

Cowbell Fever said:
I ordered an Express 5.25 2 weeks ago through Guitar Center (I know but they are the only dealer near me). Apparently they have heard nothing yet. I already paid and everything. This is my first mesa/boogie and I am wondering how long everyone else waited for theirs?

Good grief!

JBird is correct . They have schedule they go by and different amps come through production on different weeks . GC should be able to ask the rep for an ETA .The only hold up would be if they are waiting on a particular part .

remember that if ya work at mesa you only work for 4 days,its a 4 day workin week at the home of tone,and they work in batches like said previously.....................alright for some ehhhh 8)

The stock answer from the Mesa reps is an 8 week turnaround time. This is usually nowhere near accurate. It's usually more like 12 weeks or more. It took me nearly 6 months to get my custom Roadster.

Keep in mind that your dealer, GC or otherwise, is at the mercy of the Mesa reps when it comes to quoting delivery times. I've tried to bypass the rep before and get a more accurate estimate straight from the factory, but they always tell me I have to deal with the rep.

Way it goes.

Although I gave up on the 5:50, I ordered and paid in full at GC back on February 7th,,,just today, April 10th, I stopped in again and there it was sitting there. Ive been in just about every week since I initially ordered and finally they made their way here. I have to say after playing it for 20 minutes or so Im **** glad I spent the extra cash and got the rectoverb though.. good luck

sec34gtr said:
The stock answer from the Mesa reps is an 8 week turnaround time. This is usually nowhere near accurate. It's usually more like 12 weeks or more. It took me nearly 6 months to get my custom Roadster.

****, when did you order it? I ordered my custom Roadster head last July and I got it in 2 months and two days exactly. My dealer quoted me 8 weeks as well and I had no idea that he would hit the nail on the head. As Jbird mentioned, I guess it depends on their production schedule.

I ordered a PRS Singlecut 250 two months ago and my wait is nowhere near over. I'll probably see that bad-boy late summer/early fall. The wait for my Roadster was nothing compared to this.

I hate waiting for gear....especially when it is already paid for. :evil:

I ordered it in February 2006, but for whatever reason the order didn't get entered at Mesa until March. It finally showed up in July or early August...

Some of the custom options were wrong, so back it went.... They fixed it up pretty quickly though.

Bought Roadking combo July '06. Ordered custom cab, wicker front. GC guy said three months. Let's see, it's April 14th '07 ( that right, nine months) and still no custom Roadking combo. My kid is having fun pounding on the stock Roadking we got while waiting for his custom unit. As time goes on, the joke gets more and more funny when you think about it. By the time this thing starts breaking, we'll have a new one! The fan is already sounding a bit funny.

Back