Maverick users

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratoquack

Reaction score
My Rectoverb isn't my cup of tea anymore (gettin' old). I played a Maverick in GC a while back and thought is was a good sounding amp. Can you guys give the pros and cons? I play your standard classic rock and Blues (SRV, Robben Ford), so you'll know where I'm coming from.
Is $850 a typical price for a used one?

I want one.

Last week on E-Bay someone was selling it for $1000, 1-12" Self-contained but small chassis which is not that common. So for $850, I think it fine. Not sure though, wait 'til others chime in.

I really like these. The best thing would be to try one first...if possible. I played one, and loved it until I played the LSS. Very similar, but the LSS is a better tone IMHO. Mavericks are a killer amp though.

Personally my favorite amp, the best cleans and edgy tones, distortion to me also works very good, not the best but for classic rock I think it works very good.

Try to play it to check if you like it, to me the 4x10 is the best combination. Also give it a good test since I have saw one that is bad, as soon as it got hot start to oscilate and cut sound. That one was a lemon since the first day it arrives to the store.

Good luck.

Back