Mark V vs. Triaxis/2:90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got my Triaxis back (got the fat mod reversed on LD1 red) and have been playing with both amps. Keep in mind I was going to return the Mark V anyway as I'm not paying full price for it and it is broke. (Footswitch and reverb don't work)

Honestly, as great as the Mark V is, I don't think it is going to cause me to sell my Triaxis/2:90. (Especially now that LD1 red is usable) The Tri gives me so many great tonal options that are easily accessible. The Mark V probably does a couple of things better, but overall the Triaxis wins and there isn't enough of a difference for me to sell my Tri and put in the extra cash for a Mark V. This is honestly a "first world" problem so to speak lol.

Tonally, they are close but of course different. I am keeping mind that my 2:90 has a 6L6/EL34 combo and my Triaxis has a nice custom tube set I put in awhile back. The tubes in the Mark V are whatever it had stock with no idea how old or used/abused they are.

It's not that the Mark V sounds bad. Far from it!!!! I seem to just prefer the sound of the Tri/2:90 and would only get a Mark V if it was lost/stolen or I had a spare $2k or something laying around =).

Back