Mastodon - The Wolf Is Loose (2 x C+ content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
I found a backing track for the song 'The Wolf Is Loose' by Mastodon (one of my favorite metal bands) and decided this would be a good time to do some contrasting with recording my 60/100 C+ and Simul C+

Guitar 1 is a 58 les paul historic into my simul C+
Guitar 2 is a 58 les paul historic into my 60/100 C+

No pedals or post recording EQ or mastering.. this is straight into a single SM57.

You can definitely hear the smooth nature of the simul compared to the 60/100 on recording as much as you can in person.

Anyway, here is the full mix:
http://platypus.memoryfire.com/wolf.mp3

And just for fun...here I stripped out the 60/100 for rhythm and left just the simul tone.
http://platypus.memoryfire.com/wolf2.mp3

If you check this thread out, please leave comments whether good or bad. I am curious how my first simul recording sounds in comparison to my usual stuff.

I want to listen to your clips, but unfortunately they are only about 2 seconds long each. They need to be fixed. Let us know when they are up and running.

Fwank said:
I want to listen to your clips, but unfortunately they are only about 2 seconds long each. They need to be fixed. Let us know when they are up and running.

You cannot stream them, you must download the file in full. :)

Platypus said:
Fwank said:

You cannot stream them, you must download the file in full. :)

Oops, sorry. I spoke too soon. Dont mind me, I am just a dope sometimes. I will take a listen to your clips now.

Too smooth sounding for me. Seems like you're not digging into the string hard enough. Not enough aggressiveness for a metal song.

trem said:
Too smooth sounding for me. Seems like you're not digging into the string hard enough. Not enough aggressiveness for a metal song.

Interesting, thanks for the comment. Mastodon are really smooth to my ears which is why I love their tone. It's vintage but not at the same time.

I suppose thats a result of the simul C+. Perhaps I should have used the 60/100 for the base rhythm? I might redo it just for grins to see how it sounds.

Back