mark3/greenstripe?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor414rce2003

Reaction score
whats the diff. between a mark 3 and mark 3 green stripe? also whats a fair price for a m3 green stripe in exc conditipon?

Oh, man. Check out the archives on this as the MKIII "stripes" topic has been covered a lot. The short answer is that each "stripe" is literally a marker color on the rear of the chassis that denotes where in the "series" of changes each particular amp falls under. None are inherently "better," but each has its own nuance that defines their particular character.

BTW, the green is undeniably the best one made ...I've never tried any of the others, but it's still the best one ...that I own a green simul has nothing to do with this unbiases assessment ;)

Edward

the green stripe being the "final version" of the mark III. after you read the website describing the various stripes - try to play a couple of different ones on the same settings on the same guitar.

then buy one. and keep it. don't be a member of the "i used to have a Mark III and wish I still had it crew" ...

Ive been reading some posts, thats whats messing with me head
bottom line is I played a mk3 in a store ,dont know what stripe it was but fell in love with it ,found one on the web and its a green stripe and I was wondering if the tones betweenn the different stripes is realy all that noticabel
thanks for all the imput I got some IMs from a few of you,the knowledge base on this site realy does ROCK :D :D

Koprofag said:
I see only one major difference, and that's how the Class A ("half-power") wiring is done on the green resulting in less power compared to the other III's.

You mean more... the greens are pentode and 85 watts Simul, 25 watts "Class A".
All earlier stripes are triode and 75/15 watts. More power, Scottie!

MrMarkIII said:
Koprofag said:
I see only one major difference, and that's how the Class A ("half-power") wiring is done on the green resulting in less power compared to the other III's.

You mean more... the greens are pentode and 85 watts Simul, 25 watts "Class A".
All earlier stripes are triode and 75/15 watts. More power, Scottie!
+1

Koprofag said:
I doubt anyone could hear the differences without A/B:ing. I just like the green stripe because it was the final revision and therefor closest to the vision of "the one", but it really isn't. They all sound like Mark III and I promise you those "rounder IIC+ leads" or "greater power section" etc. can be dialled in on any III to sound just like the other. ;)
+1

Latest posts

Back