MARK V!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JAZZGEAR said:
stevehollx said:
I sure do notice quite a difference when I plug into my Fuch's clean channel. It makes the Mark clean channel sound like cardboard. It's still better than most other high gain amps clean channels, though.

Hmmm...I don't get the Fuch's thing...my local mom & pop music store carries these and I have not been awe'd by their tone.....With all the hype (and cost) I expect a whole lot more.

IMHO the LSC cleans and the Mark IV cleans sound better to my ears than any of the Fuchs I tried in the store (and they carry alot of the models from the prouct line).

I guess to each their own.

The only other amp that I've lust after it is the Bogner Shiva. That is one fine fine amp.

Which Fuchs? My TDS100's clean channel is so beautiful sounding compared to the LSC. I really contemplated buying a LSC and running it with my old MKIV. The Shiva was nice, but I prefered the LSC clean sound over it. But, really, the Fuchs TDS clean channel is amazing, so is the B and C channels for the *umbly type sounds. In the end, I sold my MKIV and got a MKIII Greenie, non-Simul, and bought the TDS100 head.
So, to each his own, I guess..... 8)

Anyway, back to the MKV discussion:
Channel 1: cleans ala LSC, Shiva, Fuchs
Channel 2: Keep voicing as is, but with independent tone controls
Channel 3: IIC+, Please? If not, leave as is
Midi controllable would be a great improvement
Get rid of the satellite controls
Individual Reverb controls ( and please improve the reverb circuit)
Keep EQ, of course.

Leave the rest alone....... 8)
Remember, we still want it to be a Mark series.

MrMarkIII said:
Graphic EQ = many parts (expensive)
Contour = fewer parts (cheaper)

As they say, do the math.
The thing is, most Mark fans would happily pay for the price difference.

~trem

By the way, the whole point of the contour knob would be: per-channel setting!

However, having gigged with this amp for a year now, I do not believe anymore that having just one EQ setting is a set down.

I don't miss separate tone stack on R1 and R2 either, and I've grown to love R2 (I sometimes like it better than Lead).

What would really make me sell my Mark IV is if the Mark V was available in the Roadster/Stiletto closed-back combo form factor.
And with solo boost and reverb right on the footcontroller.

Really, the sound is perfect, but having to carry the whole midi setup to control it sucks. Having a solo boost and reverb switch right on the footcontroller would make my life easier.
And the 2X12 closed back combo would mean: no more trolling cabs around.

The Mark V is not going to be announced at NAMM. The Mark IV is not discontinued.

There are some new things that I can't talk about.

Vic

phyrexia said:
The Mark V is not going to be announced at NAMM. The Mark IV is not discontinued.

Vic

...sure you can!!!!! Besides, the NAMM show is about 10 days away and we'll see then. Hopefully something new and exciting and no "stage II's" or minor improvements.

Mainly just higher prices, as far as I can tell.

::sigh::

let's see. there's something that's obviously missing that will be added to the lineup, and something i don't know anything about that will also be announced.

prices go up feb 1, btw.

I heard from a dealer in London that they weren't bringing any more amps out this year apart from maybe a low powered amp.

boola said:
I heard from a dealer in London that they weren't bringing any more amps out this year apart from maybe a low powered amp.

That's because there is no Mark V.

phyrexia said:

Vic

The V will appear eventually . They wont release it until its ready . Then the Mark IV will cease .

I say enough of the B.S.!!!! If somebody knows something...then tell us. I can't take the pressure...I gotta know! What's new this year from Mesa!!!!
AAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!

metalblitz84 said:
I say enough of the B.S.!!!! If somebody knows something...then tell us. I can't take the pressure...I gotta know! What's new this year from Mesa!!!!
AAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!

Now don't go all gettin' your underaroos in a knot Stumpy. You'll find out in a few days at NAMM.

Dude swears he bought a Mark V in Canada. Says it has like 6 or 8 tubes. We're all calling bullshit.
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1853832

I read the thread -- the original post turned out to be a prank.

The guy who posted has like 12,000+ posts. I'll admit that as I was reading the thread, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Latest posts

Back