Mark V + TC Electronic G-Major

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Si.

Reaction score
Anyone using this combination? recently picked up a G-Major and not really working well with the Mark V, however it works great with my marshall based amps.. Just wondered f anyone had this combination working well, and any tips they might have.

Si

Works fine for me. I keep my ins and outs all straight up and channel volumes around 11:00 and master around 11-12:00.

What's not working?

It's not that it's not working.. just sounds pants... can't explain it..

How are you using your G-Major, in front of the amp, in the loop?

The first thing is to make sure the amp and the unit are using the optimal input/output volume levels.

Also note that if you're using the unit in your loop and playing mostly at a very low volume, it will sound 'pants'. The Mark V fx loop generally does, at low volumes - because there will be some signal 'bleed through', which can make the amp sound like it had a bad, out-of-phase parallel loop (even though it is serial). If this is your problem, the solution is simple: turn your amp louder.

I play a G-Major 2 with my Mark IV. I noticed that the channel volumes on the amp interact in an important way with the input volume on the G-Major. I'm guessing that it works similarly with the Mark V.

Make sure that your channel volume is up high enough to get a decent input level on the G-Major. Turn the channel volume up higher if the level meter on the G-Major reads too low. If you are playing in your house and you're worried about being too loud/waking up the neighbors, you can always reduce the actual volume by turning down the G-Major's output volume control.

Hope that helps.

I've got a G-System and, as already noted, getting all of the levels right is critical.

I had a G-Major 2 in the loop but never liked it because it changed the tone due to the A/D converters. It basically thinned out the tone IMO. Everyone is spot one with being careful about the levels and the Pro and Consumer (Global) output settings

I switched to the Strymon Timeline FWIW

Still trying this out.. jut wondering what sort of things are you using your G-Major for? What patches have you set up?

Back