Mark V heads hits the streets?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownhog72

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone have their hands on a Mark V head yet? I paid for mine on Jan 20, 2009. has anyone else been waiting as long as I have???

Mike :mrgreen:

None... so far one guy said the Hollywood store called him to let him know it was in. Other than that, nothing. I'm waiting as well, and am fairly close to Petaluma (a couple hours away) so I'm hoping this week.

I ordered mine on 1/20/09 as well. 50% down. I'm on the East Coast
so I suspect many will get theirs before I do. The dealer ordered it
at the NAMM show BTW.... Maybe that will help expedite it.

I spoke with my GC rep last week and he said that my head has a date of May 14th. That is what Mesa told him. But he wasn't sure if that was arrival date or ship Date. He said with Mesa, it could be either.

Scott

Koadogg said:
I spoke with my GC rep last week and he said that my head has a date of May 14th. That is what Mesa told him. But he wasn't sure if that was arrival date or ship Date. He said with Mesa, it could be either.

Scott

What do you mean by a date?

The shipping date or the production date or...?

I ordered mine a week earlier in January. However when it was ordered has little bearing on when it arrives I feel. In another thread a number of Canadians who use Long and McQuade all got the same info from different stores (who have different Mesa Reps I believe). I was physically there when my friend there called her rep. Arrival for heads in Canada will be last week of May to first or second week of June.

Since this seems pretty solid information, I would guess US buyers will see it no later then that time frame, likely a week or two sooner. However given how many pre-orders were made and how many locations need to be shipped to, and how long the company shipping them might take, it could add a week or two for any one order.

Perhaps a good question would be, how many Combo preorders have not arrived yet. If everyone ordering a Combo has theirs already, then we can guess that heads will all arrive within a week or two of each other. That said though, I haven't heard of a single Canadian Combo yet, so they may be doing regional deliveries (US, then Canada then Europe/Aus/Asia??).

Appearantly Mesa gives them date for orders when it is immenent. It was updated in thier System to reflect May 14th very recently. Previous to that, it was only listed as 12-16weeks, 2-3 weeks, etc. From what I gather, when there is an actual date, it is coming. Though the Rep said that sometimes it arrives on the date and other times it is shipped on the date.

Scott

Mungo Zen said:
Perhaps a good question would be, how many Combo preorders have not arrived yet. If everyone ordering a Combo has theirs already, then we can guess that heads will all arrive within a week or two of each other. That said though, I haven't heard of a single Canadian Combo yet, so they may be doing regional deliveries (US, then Canada then Europe/Aus/Asia??).

There are combos and heads coming in the next shipment (what I was told) so the combo orders don't necessarily need to all be filled before the heads. My guess is that if you are first on the head pre-order list, you will get yours this week or next.

My local dealer just called me to ask if I wanted my V sent overnight because I am in the process of moving overseas...so they will hit the streets very soon. Probably within the next week.

Mizike 8)

What about people that ordered around march? did anyone get a head?

And for those who ordered on January and February, did you all get your heads??

The dealer I ordered the amp from actually went to Winter Namm and placed the order then...End of January or early February?...The shipped date started way back in the middle of May and kept getting pushed back :evil: ...But the wait seems to be over!!! :D

Back