Mark V has been revised???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine today... it seems it has those 'new' things like the black big grill to protect the tubes etc...
but the number is 38** I can't remember it precisely. Still, it does really sound VERY good!

The new tube bar is on all new mesa amps and is not representative of a revision. It is also old news.

Now, they are saying there are some minor parts differences in the new ones and I won't believe it until I hear from my Rep either way.

any word is this true of false????
revised or not revised that is the question

I love web rumors. Replace "Mark V" with "Justin Bieber's haircut" and the language is the same. :lol:

rika_gd said:
I hope not :?
I really don't care tbh...I have owned 2 and one was 12xx the current is 17xx and they both sound great...

If it hasn't it will be eventually. Just look at Mesa's revision history concerning many different models. If it sounds good why worry?

If somebody is REAAALLLLYYY worried about it, and want an amp that they know won't have any revisions after they have purchased one, there are plenty of Mark IVs out there. ;)

Mine was bought friday and is 38**...
The only way i can see them improving is the position of the footswitch cable..

Rumour is that the newer ones come with an SPAX7 in the V1.

I have sn 300 and mine came with all JJs in the preamp. Kind of wondering if there's any validity to them switching the V1 to an SPAX7???

screamingdaisy said:
Rumour is that the newer ones come with an SPAX7 in the V1.

I have sn 300 and mine came with all JJs in the preamp. Kind of wondering if there's any validity to them switching the V1 to an SPAX7???

Mine has a 30xx SN and has an SPAX7 in V1.

Mine has a 30xx SN and has an SPAX7 in V1

Mine too, wonder why they made the change. The tube cage is now black instead of white (glad for that change). I preferred the bar over the white cage, but actually prefer the black cage over the other two options, because it is black and you don't need a screwdriver to remove it. Not sure you can really call it a new revision, more like really really minor tweek?

A preamp tube isn't a revision. If you want an SPAX7 in V1, stick one in there! Mine is serial # 367, and it has an NOS Sylvania long plate 12AX7 in V1. ;)

SteveO said:
A preamp tube isn't a revision. If you want an SPAX7 in V1, stick one in there! Mine is serial # 367, and it has an NOS Sylvania long plate 12AX7 in V1. ;)

Amen.

I think a revision is an important change in the circuit, electronics, etc..something that you cant just add (like a tube for example).

I guess the odd thing about the spax7 is that there isn't a silver/metal protective sleeve around it. It is black in color and says spax7 on the protective sleeve. I just exchanged a combo today because the new one was dinged up, the one I got in return is 3xxx instead of 5xxx. The sales rep said it just came in yesterday, the born on date is 6/10 though, seems odd. The 3xxx doesn't have the spax7. Maybe the spax7 is the reason for the price hike :lol:

Latest posts

Back