Mark V footswitch (the FU-4-REAL-IS-IT-THAT-BIG?)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Fore

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone had a tape measure and slapped it on that brick of a footswitch at NAMM... I'm already building my pedalboard around it and could use some more exact measurements. It looks like there is more room on the sides of the first and last buttons compared to the Roadster footswitch.

Bump... if anyone is in the Hollywood store that can take a gander at the footswitch and kindly post how wide/deep the thing is that would be great. Thanks!

This is the best I can offer. Should be smaller than the Mark IV footswitch.

BoogieMKV.jpg

Thanks theroan... That is the pic I was looking for. It looks pretty wide for spacing between the buttons... more than the Mark IV or Roadster. I was hoping it wouldn't be wider than 11", but it looks like about 14-15".

rabies said:
why are the buttons for ch1,2,3 different than the rest?

They're lower than the buttons behind them because when you hit one of the buttons on the top row, the lower the button on the front rowthe less chance of hitting it by accident.

Mark Fore said:
Thanks theroan... That is the pic I was looking for. It looks pretty wide for spacing between the buttons... more than the Mark IV or Roadster. I was hoping it wouldn't be wider than 11", but it looks like about 14-15".

Those caster plates on the bottom are 3-3/4 inches wide, which'll make the footswitch approximately 12.5 inches wide.

The other thing about the channel select buttons is that they only need to be tapped to activate. Where as the others need to have a "click" for the activation to occur. Same as the Mark IV channel buttons.

Agreeing with theroan... all Mesa footswitches have both types of buttons on them. It's not something really noticeable until you look. I just made this realization the other night myself after playing boogie's for 25 years. I don't think it has anything to do with avoiding the first row buttons when stepping on the back buttons. The solo button on the bottom row is a latch-type while the channels are momentary-type.

...and thanks Screamingdaisy for the measurement. Wouldn't you know, it is about .5" too big for my "perfect" pedalbaord layout. Back to the drawing board. :)

I've had the board for years with the road case... I'll make it work. I didn't want to have to go through the whole thing again. Not the biggest detour for Mesa I've taken. :wink:

Hey Eric, thanks for the measurement! Is that a 100% confirmation on the 14x6? Just want to make sure before I get a-cuttin' :D

Yep I left Mesa Hollywood a message I believe Friday night and sure enough about 9-10 am I got a call and they told me 14x6! So yes that is a confirmation. 8) I'm actually finding it easier to lay out than with my FU-3. And I'm actually lovin' all the extra switches!

Can't wait!!

Thanks Eric... you are the man! I really appreciate that information. The 6" measurement actually helps a lot too as I might be able to put some pedals either behind or in front of the MV footswitch. Maybe the pedal power will fit nicely behind it and free up more room on the board.

Mark Fore said:
Agreeing with theroan... all Mesa footswitches have both types of buttons on them. It's not something really noticeable until you look. I just made this realization the other night myself after playing boogie's for 25 years. I don't think it has anything to do with avoiding the first row buttons when stepping on the back buttons. The solo button on the bottom row is a latch-type while the channels are momentary-type.

true the channel footswitches are designed to trigger a relay rather than switch the circuit itself all the other switches are probably just SPDT switches designed to open or close a specific circuit

Latest posts

Back