Mark V footswitch on a 3 channel rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhrocker

Reaction score
Last week I did a gig with my Dual Recto but accidentally packed my Mark V footswitch. Is there any harm in swapping them that way? I know on the RJM mini amp gizmo, you can use the Mark V cable with the 3 channel rectos. I just wanted to confirm that this is the case with the actual footswitches?

Is there any harm in just trying it, or is there a possibility of damaging the head/footswitch/both?

No harm will be done to your amp, but the channels may be backward (if it works at all)....

But PLEASE if it does work in any way, TELL US cause I would love to kick my 3 Channel footswitch to the curb for a Mark V footswitch.

Ok - so it works. You can use the Mark V FS with either the Mark V cable (8 pin) or the regular recto (7 pin) cable.

The bottom row stays the same so channel 1, 2, 3 and solo work as expected. To get the FX loop, you have to use the REV switch. Also, LED on means the loop is off and LED off means the loop is on. I hope this helps everyone who may want to streamline their footswitches.

Back