Mark v clean channel problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsnyder

Reaction score
So, I bought a used mark v about three months ago. Love it. Then two days ago, channel 1 starts making popping/static sounds, even with nothing plugged into the input. I replaced all tubes but the rectifier it's still happening. Any guesses? It only happens on channel one and I have tried every possible switch configuration on the amp to try to isolate the problem.

Still could be a bad tube. Try swapping a few positions and see if the problem moves.

I had an issue similar and with the amount of work I was doing at the time (3 nights a week) coupled with the tubes having over a year on them I did a complete tube change with brand new Mesa tubes. Kicked it on and there was still a problem. I took it to Mesa and the Tech began swapping out the tubes one at a time and it was a bad tube. He said it happens.

Thanks, all. It's with the tech now, so we'll see how bad the damage (both the amp and financially) is in a few days, I guess.

Back