Mark V and 7s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzgod

Reaction score
Greetings all,

As a 7 player, I wanted to get some perspective from other 7 players who also use the MkV. Tones, settings, findings, insights. Just for reference I use an Ibby 7620 with DiMarzios (switches between Blaze Custom, Liquifire & D Sonic).

I've noticed that I increase the tightness and percussiveness of the low B in Extreme for high gain and lead work. The presence is less influential on the sound, which I find a plus on heavier settings. On a 6, however, it doesn't sound as focused and I much prefer the MkIV settings for tight pick attack. Very strange, but it works.

Clean on channel 1 (dialed very clean) works real well for chord work, and keeps the low B chimey and resonant.

I'd really like to hear what some other 7 players think and what approaches you use.

Cheers!

fuzzgod said:
Greetings all,

As a 7 player, I wanted to get some perspective from other 7 players who also use the MkV. Tones, settings, findings, insights. Just for reference I use an Ibby 7620 with DiMarzios (switches between Blaze Custom, Liquifire & D Sonic).

I've noticed that I increase the tightness and percussiveness of the low B in Extreme for high gain and lead work. The presence is less influential on the sound, which I find a plus on heavier settings. On a 6, however, it doesn't sound as focused and I much prefer the MkIV settings for tight pick attack. Very strange, but it works.

Clean on channel 1 (dialed very clean) works real well for chord work, and keeps the low B chimey and resonant.

I'd really like to hear what some other 7 players think and what approaches you use.

Cheers!

well I am a big Dimarzio guy, but I use a carvin DC7 with stock carvin pickups in it. But for me on my MKV I love using the MK IV setting with these settings:

Gain: 3
Master: 10
Presence: 2
Treble: 3
Mids: 10-11
Bass: 11:30

with the sliders I use a V shape:
80 hz slider is halfway between the middle and top line.
240 hz is slightly inbetween where the middle line and the 80hz slider is
750 hz is barely touching the top of the bottom line.
2200 is at the same position you put the 240 at.
and the 6600 is about level with the 80hz slider.

I of course play on 90 watts, with EQ on, at the MK IV setting with the switch at normal instead of bright.

I assume this will also work with other pickup configs, but this is the one that works the best for me in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back