Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
I own a RKII but have recently heard so much about Mark IV's and their lush tones, and was wondering if anyone had any clips of one? Not actual song recordings, if it's a myspace link it doesn't count. I'm talking about just some real-time demos.

I just went with the MKIV, but I also tried a RKI and a new Roadster. I think your fine with the RKII (great amp). I was just drawn to the MKIV, because I'm old, LOL. I thought the RK and Roadster were great amps, but for me I didn't need the recto sounds, so I felt like I was loseing two channels.

Yes, i am interested too in VIDEO DEMO of the Mark IV

Someone know cool links ?

You can listen to all the recordings you want but IMHO you have to play a Mk4 to get "it". You just have to feel this amp.

Yeah I started out with a Roadking and was very dissapointed so I sold it and got a Mark IV still unsure if it was going to sound good.It sounds great, I don't regret it at all, I just regret that I started with a RK, the tone of a RK is just way too buzzy and harsh for me.I like the smooth tone of a MK IV.

I had thought about getting a Road King myself but I think I might just get an older 2 ch DR.

I think I have most of the other Mesa tones I need out of my Mark IV. The amp truly is amazing even though it takes a while to figure it out. I am still learning about the thing and I have had it for months. I think the only thing that it really needs is a clean that is a little better though the clean it has is already better than any Marshall clean I have ever played.

Maybe i will just get a Fender and be done with avoiding it. I don't play clean much but when I do I get annoyed that it isn't "clean".

Back