Mark IV Widebody combo -- shell?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falcos

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just got my my Mark IV combo widebody, and LOVE it running through my 2x12 recto cab (for what its worth, the Celestion 90 in it is **** good too). But eventually I'll need to gig with it, so I'm thinking ahead for now.

Is there ANY way to convert a widebody combo into a head?? Custom shells maybe?? Something?

Thanks!

I just got a call from Mesa and they said I can order an empty shell with the reverb and fan in it. They said the lead time is around 7-10 weeks.

At least I know the option is available.

I converted my wide body combo into a head. It took 5 months to get the shell. Glad I did it.

falcos said:
I just got a call from Mesa and they said I can order an empty shell with the reverb and fan in it. They said the lead time is around 7-10 weeks.

At least I know the option is available.

What would the cost be on one of those? I'm undecided between the head or combo. It would be cool to have the option of both.

Also, I haven't seen many other amps that you can do this with. Most others just turn the chassis upside down on their combos. I'm starting to like their designs more and more! Good luck with the conversion.

Mesa told me $298 + shipping and 7-10 weeks depending where the cycle is, it could be sooner. I would hope it doesn't take 5 months like it took mangley. :?

At first I thought I should've just picked up a head, but in my particular situation, it works quite nice after its converted -- I'll have the 1x12 C90 in my apartment where I give lessons, and then leave my 2x12/4x12 at our studio space for rehearsals. No more lugging cab's up and down 2 flights of stairs -- my stairway walls will thank me :lol:

Back