Mark iv Wide body combo HELP!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual rec king

Reaction score
Hey every 1 I just got a Mark iv combo and love it EXCEPT for the HUGE amount of loss in the low end when playing threw the open back wide body combo. When i plug it in to any cabinet i have such as a recto 2x12 and a krank rev jr cabinet the low end is there and it blows away my rectifier. but when played threw the combo what the hell!!!.. Is it because its open backed or is it the black shadow speaker?? If it is the open back is there a way i can put wood on it and screw it down? or will the combo become to hot?.. not to mention there is the the foot switch cable that is in the way. but I could always cut a notch out for it. Also its on wheels and i thought it was that so i took them off and tried it but same loss in low end! Please Help!

Thanks!

I'll list the options I know of from the cheapest to most expensive.

1. Put it firmly on the floor, and in a corner of the room,
2. Screw a piece of board onto the back, leave a strip of opening on top for ventilation.
3. Cut the cabinet into a head or order a headshell/rackmount for the amp, and throw that speaker into a closed back cab.

Thanks if Screwing a piece of wood into it doesnt work. then ill have to get a Head shell for it :( ( paid more for the combo.. to have a combo)

It didnt work :( still sounds thin and has no low end to it.. Does any one have a Head shell for sale that would work from the wide body?

Thought about adding a 1x12 Thiele cab? You can pick up a used one for about the same as a head shell. They sound pretty nice mixed with the combo and really add some low end to the mix.

Thanks. But I bought the combo so I dont have to worry about lugging around more gear such as a head and cabinet. And if I have to buy a Headshell to get my amp to have low end then I'll just use my Krank 1x12 with it. Is there really no way to Close off the back of the Combo effectively to make it sound like a 1x12 closed cabinet??

Here it is on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170365064188&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Put an EV in it: Made a lot of difference in my Mark III.

dual rec king said:
Hey every 1 I just got a Mark iv combo and love it EXCEPT for the HUGE amount of loss in the low end when playing threw the open back wide body combo. When i plug it in to any cabinet i have such as a recto 2x12 and a krank rev jr cabinet the low end is there and it blows away my rectifier. but when played threw the combo what the hell!!!.. Is it because its open backed or is it the black shadow speaker?? If it is the open back is there a way i can put wood on it and screw it down? or will the combo become to hot?.. not to mention there is the the foot switch cable that is in the way. but I could always cut a notch out for it. Also its on wheels and i thought it was that so i took them off and tried it but same loss in low end! Please Help!

Thanks!

dual rec king said:
Thanks. But I bought the combo so I dont have to worry about lugging around more gear such as a head and cabinet. And if I have to buy a Headshell to get my amp to have low end then I'll just use my Krank 1x12 with it. Is there really no way to Close off the back of the Combo effectively to make it sound like a 1x12 closed cabinet??

No, your amp will overheat.

Latest posts

Back