Mark IV: Short or Medium Head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I'd update the thread...

I DID order my Mark IV after all... Funny thing is I don't know if it'll be a medium or short head. I really don't care anymore... As long as it comes in in time and sounds great I'll be happy.

I'll be grabbin a 4x12 Rectifier Traditional (Stiletto) to go along with the head. :D :D :D

I think the wide body does offer at least the convenience of front switching that the short head cannot offer. The widebody combo actually offers a little more enclosure size although it is still open back. The FU-3 actually has decent room to mount in the widebody also.

But the widebody cannot fit in a rack. If weight is an issue try putting the chassis in the rackmount inside a lightweight 4 space rack. I wouldn't beat it around too much like that though. I think the widebody is a little heavier if only for the weight of the extra cabinet dimensions. The short head is nice and compact.I don't mind having the short head on top of my cab. It actually perches atop my JMP. The JMP sits on the fullsize 4x12 cab nicely. There is room next to the Mark IV for my Power Brake. The FU-3 is a little cramped trying to turn the attaching pins.

I just opened my brand new Mark IV. It's a Medium Head after all.

It sounds AWESOME... I didn't get a cab yet. There wasn't enough limit left on the cc for everything I was buying so the cab will have to wait.

I played the amp at the studio on a Peavey triple xxx and it sounded great already.

Back