Mark IV Short Head Rackmount

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boltino

Reaction score
I've got a quick question related to rackmounting a mark IV short head and a simul-satellite short head. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck mounting these heads in a rack while still in their head shells. Let me explain:

I'd like to rack mount them so that I can leave relays and sends and such hooked up, but I'd also like the ability to pull the head out to take it to a smaller gig without having to drag the rack. I know I could have a rack case custom built for this purpose, but I was hoping to avoid that. I'm shooting for a standard shock rack possibly utilizing a sturdy shelf. Anyone have any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've been doing exactly what your talking about for six years now. In fact that's why I bought the short head. I bought a shelf made by Middle Atlantic, and four screws & about five minutes later everything was up and running. The head fits perfectly in a standard 19" rack, provided you have the height of course. The shelf I used is at the top of this page (U2) I just turned it upside down: http://www.middleatlantic.com/rackac/storage/shelves2.htm

Thanks for the reply! Let me make sure I've got it. The shelf is upside down so you have essentially two empty spaces below it. As far as the screws go, did you leave the rubber feet on, drill holes in the shelf, and screw from under the shelf through the feet and into the shell?

If you have a pic lying around, would you mind posting it? Don't go to any trouble though. Thanks!

Boltino said:
Thanks for the reply! Let me make sure I've got it. The shelf is upside down so you have essentially two empty spaces below it. As far as the screws go, did you leave the rubber feet on, drill holes in the shelf, and screw from under the shelf through the feet and into the shell?
Thanks!
I don't have two empty spaces because my pedal shelf is the next one down so those two spaces are taken up by the pedals. As for mounting the amp I didn't, because it's a perfect fit side to side and the rack rails keep it from falling off the front of the shelf, so I just use an L bracket on each side of the back to keep it from sliding backwards in transit. That way all I have to do to remove the head is to remove the two screws holding the L brackets and the head slides right out the back.

Back