Mark IV Series A or B question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotaryunison

Reaction score
I'm sure that this has been asked a million times, but how does one tell the difference between the two? I have a relatively early model 79xx.

I was told that the early MK IV B sounds better than the later IV B. It seems there were some diodes added to the later IV B circuit that have not preserved the better sound of earlier IV B's.

Earlier IV B have the power cable attached and later ones have the detachable cable but I am not sure whether this is also the divider between the early and later circuits.
Regards

Yours is definitely a B, as others said.

Put an EV in it, and you'll have an awesome sound :D

igfraso said:
I was told that the early MK IV B sounds better than the later IV B. It seems there were some diodes added to the later IV B circuit that have not preserved the better sound of earlier IV B's.

Earlier IV B have the power cable attached and later ones have the detachable cable but I am not sure whether this is also the divider between the early and later circuits.
Regards

Has anybody been able to check if there are differences between the earlier and later IV B circuits?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back